This job has been Expired
Easterseals Camp Stand By Me
Full Summer Positions:
June 2nd– August 24th, 2019
Stipends starting at $2300 (approx. $400 every two weeks)
Room & Board provided!
1-2 days off between sessions and one week off from July 22-27
We are an ACA-accredited camp serving people with a wide range of disabilities. We run a year-round Weekend Respite Program and a Full-Summer Camp Program from June 2nd-August 24th – The best impression you can get of camp will be from our Facebook– which contains photo albums of previous sessions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Provide 24-hour care and supervision for campers with disabilities in a group living environment.
- Responsible for the health and safety conditions of campers and fellow staff members.
- Report all injuries and illnesses immediately to Camp Nurse.
- Supervise and assist with personal needs of campers, including but not limited to:
- Showering and personal hygiene
- Accompany and encourage campers in scheduled recreational and instructional activities.
- Develop activities to engage campers during free time.
- Attend cabin and all‑staff meetings.
- Complete written reports as required (incident, seizure, accident reports, among others)
- Housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Maintenance of activity items and areas (cleaning up after every activity)
- An ability to work with children and adults with disabilities.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Must have current CPR by the time camp starts.
- Physical strength to lift adult campers with the assistance of another staff member.
- Physical strength to push adult campers in wheelchairs up and down hills safely.
- Ability to meet physical requirements of position including lifting up to 50 lbs., bending, squatting, twisting, reaching overhead, walking on wet surfaces, long hours standing, and working in extreme temperatures.
Must have a sense of humor, patience and a cheerful disposition. Must possess an interest in serving people with disabilities and enjoy camping activities. While experience working with individuals with disabilities may be helpful, it is not necessary. All staff are provided with a full week of in-depth training prior to participation in the summer camping program.