This job has been Expired
YMCA Camp Hi-Rock
The BOLD (Boys Outdoor Leadership Development) & GOLD (Girls Outdoor Leadership Development) Program is dedicated to inspiring courage and confidence in diverse groups of adolescent girls and boys through outdoor adventures. We run, primarily, single gender expeditions. Our goal is to increase confidence, courage, emotional intelligence, wonder, and community awareness in participants. We believe these traits are the foundations of leadership and work to inspire participants to develop their own leadership style. We prepare young people, from middle school on, to be the next generation of leaders through multicultural experiential education in the natural world.
- Essential Functions:
– Facilitate the learning of outdoor skills during our 7-14 day wilderness-based backpacking, rock climbing, – canoeing or mountaineering courses.
– Ensure both a physically and emotionally safe environment.
– Create values-forming experiences for adolescents.
– Create an inclusive environment for youth in the outdoors.
– Aid with various camp needs when not in the field.
– Understands and upholds all applicable licensing standards, grant stipulations, YMCA policies, state and local laws, and YMCA of the USA risk management recommendations.
- Experience, Education, and Qualifications:
– Professional instructional experience in backpacking, rock climbing, and/or mountaineering
– Commitment to working with diverse groups
– Excellent judgment, decision making, and risk management skills
– Strong group facilitation, communication, and conflict resolution skills
– Experience facilitating activities addressing issues facing adolescent females and/or males
– Experience making the transference of a wilderness experience relevant to the everyday lives of underserved youth
– Knowing how to have fun!
– Experience managing staff
– Strong organizational and logistical skills
– Current W-EMT, WFR, or WFA (Assistant Instructors only) and CPR
Instructors must be available for training in the Massachusetts area in early June.
To apply, please go to the website below and click on the BOLD & GOLD Wilderness Instructor Job or Contact [email protected]