**NEW COMPENSATION STRUCTURE FOR 2020 – plus room & board included**
Avid4 Adventure empowers kids (1st – 11th grade) to choose active, outdoor lifestyles. Backpacking/Outdoor Education Supervisors oversee the quality of our backpacking/OE programs and ensure that the Avid4 curriculum progressions are being followed at our Resident Camps. In addition to top program quality, Backpacking/OE Supervisors assist with other camp cultural components, including clubs, evening activities, etc. We want Supervisors that can:
- Live Fun
- Live Environmentally Connected
- Live Truth
- Live Smart(er)
- Live Gratitude
- Live Empowered
- Live Balanced
- Live Community
The CORE Responsibilities:
Program Design and Implementation
- Understand existing curriculum progressions and oversee implementation of lesson plans
- Evaluate camper skill levels and teach an appropriate skill progression for each cohort
- Perform basic maintenance of program equipment and follow reporting procedures
- Document safety inspections for state licensing and American Camp Association accreditation
- Provide support with camp cultural components, such as dining hall themes, evening events, and clubs
- Provide additional supervision of campers as needed
- Minimum 18 years of age and a sincere passion for working with kids
- Wilderness First Aid and CPR
- Significant personal and/or professional experience in backpacking and outdoor education.
- Training starts in early June. Camp programs run through mid-August. For specific details on each location & program, please click here.
- Starting at $399/week (room & board included) – additional compensation for WFA/WFR. Please visit our website for our full compensation rubric, including rates, experience “additives,” and travel stipends at https://avid4.com/jobs/compensation. Room and meals provided as a part of your compensation.