YMCA Blue Ridge
Located in in the heart of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of western North Carolina in Black Mountain on a picturesque 1,200 acre campus, the YMCA Blue Ridge Assembly is a non-profit conference and retreat center. Having hosted our first conference over 100 years ago, we continue to serve a diverse array of groups—churches, schools, colleges, family reunions and youth groups, among others. As a hospitality-focused YMCA, we are committed to delivering exceptional experiences for our 30,000 annual guests while developing a team of values-driven leaders.
Live, work and play in the mountains this summer!
Soak up the cool mountain air amidst a picturesque 1,200 acre forested campus. Come explore the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Asheville music scene. Make lifelong friends and memories. Earn money for college and beyond.
Grow as a leader. Find your way. That’s the Blue Ridge experience!
A Tradition of Leadership
YMCA Blue Ridge Assembly was founded over 100 years ago in Black Mountain, North Carolina as a conference center and mountain getaway, but also with a vision to be a leadership training center. The collegiate leadership program continues this legacy of developing leaders by furnishing valuable work and internship opportunities to college students, recent graduates and those still searching for their path.
Summer staff have the chance to learn and grow while acquiring valuable job skills and developing lasting friendships as they live, work and play in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, all less the 20 minutes from the creative hotbed and music destination of Asheville, North Carolina.
We are always looking the next generation of future leaders to join our team, so apply now at https://blueridgeassembly.org/join
Summer Leadership Program
- May – September, 2019
- Ranges from $7.75 – $9.00 per hour depending on department. Our staff work between 30-40 hours per week.
Summer open Positions
- Guest Services receptionist
- Ice Cream Shop
- Adventure Programs Leader
- Wilderness Trip Leader
- Service Learning Trip Leader
- Conference Services and Audio-Visual
- Dining Room Attendant
The Blue Ridge spirit captures those who seek a community to call their own. It lifts up those for whom friendship, fun and outdoor exploration are a way of life. And through our vibrant international cultural exchange program, the bonds of friendship and community stretch across all corners of the globe. We seek:
- Bright, motivated and passionate individuals who thrive in leadership positions.
- Service-minded people exploring a career in hospitality.
- Outgoing personalities who want to live for the moment and be a part of a community that welcomes all.
- Outdoor enthusiasts who are inspired by fresh air, cool breezes, mountain landscapes and bountiful trails and streams right outside their backdoor.
Room and Board
- Weatherford Hall is a guest hotel throughout the year, and becomes the summer staff residence hall during the months of June and July.
- Furnished rooms with private bathrooms, WiFi, ample common areas including a fully equipped kitchen and dining room
- Staff meal plan is buffet style meals – breakfast lunch and dinner, with healthy options at every meal including fresh fruit and a deluxe salad bar
- $75 per week, covers housing, utilities, and all meals.
- Opportunity to live and work with other young people from around the world
- Time to enjoy mountain life
- Competitive hourly pay
- International ambassador opportunities
- Non-stop social events and trips including whitewater rafting and the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Free WiFi in dorm rooms
- Driving distance to the Asheville social scene
Getting Here and Getting Around
YMCA Blue Ridge Assembly is located 20 minutes from historic downtown Asheville, and less than 40 minutes from Asheville Regional Airport. We provide free transportation to and from the airport or bus station, but encourage those who have vehicles to bring them. Besides the city of Asheville and the renowned Biltmore Estate, we are less than 15 minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway and within driving distance of Pisgah National Forest the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
For those without their own car, don’t worry–you can always tag along with others and Blue Ridge Assembly leads staff trips to numerous local attractions.
- Swimming and pool parties
- Open Crafts
- Volleyball, ultimate frisbee, soccer, kickball, basketball
- Disc golf
- Staff barbecues
- Whitewater rafting trips
- Biltmore Estate nearby
- Historic downtown Asheville
- Amusement parks
- Waterfalls through the local area
- Blue Ridge Parkway
Related Jobs (37)
- Public Affairs Specialist 2 (East Region Public Information Officer) on January 18, 2019 Part Time
- Fish and Wildlife Manager 2 (Wildlife Habitat Program Manager) on January 18, 2019 Year Round