Outdoor Education Program Instructor Status: Seasonal/Full time (Sept-June)
Department: Thousand Pines Outdoor Education
Wage: $80/day up to $120/day
Reports To: Program Site Manager
The Thousand Pines Outdoor Education Program Instructor is charged with supporting the O.E. companies that Thousand Pines owns.
Our Program Instructors lead hikes, teach lessons based on state standards, and help students develop their self-confidence through a variety of personal challenges.
- Instruct groups of students in various activities on a 3, 4 or 5 day program
- Develop professional relationships with customers (administrators, teachers, chaperones, students and site staff)
- Teaching the Outdoor Science School curriculum
- Leading various program elements such as: rock wall, archery, crafts, songs, games, skits, dances, devotions, chapels, and team building exercises
- Supervising a cabin group of students overnight
- Traveling to multiple sites to perform the Outdoor Education experience
- Attend TPOE team meetings
- Provide student first aid and basic health care when necessary
- Other duties assigned by supervisor
Major Competency Areas
- Ability to effectively work within a team or alone
- Strong communication skills and teaching ability
- Ability to model desired behaviors on a consistent basis
- Reliability and Punctuality
- Minimum education of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Godly, Christian character
- Current Red Cross CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Satisfactory criminal background check, fingerprinting, and drug test
- Agreement and compliance with TPCC Mission, Vision, Values, Staff Handbook, and Doctrinal Statement
- Valid driver’s license or state issued I.D.
Abilities sufficient to carry out the essential functions of the job including frequent and sometimes strenuous hiking and working in an outdoor setting during all types of weather conditions
Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.