This job has been Expired
City of Boulder Open Space & Mountain Parks
The Program Assistant: Field Support and Education position will provide support and leadership in all aspects of running the Boulder Junior Ranger program. They are responsible for visiting crews in the field, supporting technical field projects, substituting as a Team Leader, and providing environmental education to crews. They will oversee field and project management, skills development, and program operations– as well as provide public communications, administrative and logistical support to the Program Coordinator.
The Junior Ranger program is an early work experience and stewardship education program for teens ages 14 – 17, where students work on conservation field projects like trail building, forestry, and ecological restoration on Open Space and Mountain Parks land in Boulder. In this position, you would support crews on all aspects of technical field projects, help plan and facilitate staff trainings, mentor teens and Team Leaders, and design & implement educational programs.
This is a full time, seasonal position that lasts approximately 4 months (May – August) and is located in Boulder, Colorado. The start and end dates for this position are flexible, given the right candidate.
Candidate for this position must have some trail construction or maintenance experience, and be ready to perform a wide range of physical and manual tasks in outdoor environments for extended periods of time, in all weather conditions.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license and the ability to maintain an acceptable motor vehicle record. You will be responsible for driving minors and must demonstrate defensive driving skills.
- Acceptable background information, including criminal history, is required
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to perform a wide range of physical and manual tasks (including hiking, manipulating tools, working together to move heavy objects) in an outdoor environment for extended periods of time in all weather conditions
- Trail maintenance or trail construction experience