Big City Mountaineers
Overview: Overnight Camp Instructors serve as a field risk manager, educator, mentor and steward as they facilitate a great summer camp experience for youth. Big City Mountaineers Camp Instructors model excellent camp behavior while facilitating an invaluable experience that will ultimately help the youth feel more empowered in their everyday lives back home.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Minimum of First Aid/CPR (WFA or higher preferred)
- Proven ability and desire to effectively lead, motivate, communicate with, encourage, and manage youth of diverse backgrounds
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Pass BCM Background Check
- Overnight Camp facilitation (daily schedule, group activities) and curriculum achievement
- Uphold a safe and successful programming, abide by BCM policies and conduct
- Management of Youth Agency Leaders and adult volunteers
- Camp pre- and post- season logistics (training materials, menu planning, supply lists, maintain inventory, activity materials)
- Be a positive and enthusiastic leader
- Fluency in Spanish
- Priority given to applicants able to instruct a full season
Reports to: Overnight Camp Manager
Compensation: 12 Camps from June 10, 2019, to August 8, 2019. Instructors will be compensated $150 per camp. Bi-weekly payroll.
Location: BCM Headquarters (Golden, CO) and Camp Management (Genesee, CO)
Application instructions: Please visit our website to read the full position description. To apply, send cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Include “Overnight Camp Instructor” in the subject line.