This job has been Expired
- The Experiential Education Facilitator is responsible for the safe and effective implementation of the Princeton-Blairstown Center’s (PBC) adventure-based experiential education curriculum at the Blairstown Campus. The Experiential Education Facilitator works predominantly on and around the Blairstown Campus. The Experiential Education Facilitator utilizes a youth development model that actively engages participants and supports them in achieving individual and group goals and helps students increase their social emotional learning (SEL) and problem solving skills.
2. MAJOR DUTIES
- Develop, facilitate, and debrief adventure based/experiential education curriculum including adventure course, low and high ropes course, rock climbing, hiking, canoeing/kayaking and swimming, and restoration programming designed to help students develop social-emotional skills that include learning to communicate cooperatively, problem solve, and work together to achieve common goals.
- Facilitate occasional unchaperoned groups and provide overnight supervision.
- Design a sequence using PBC curriculum, create lesson plans, and develop new program activities appropriate to the participant population.
- Remain current on the developmental needs of youth.
- Ensure the safety of all participants at all times.
- Correctly teach outdoor adventure and expedition specific skills to participants as per PBC expectation and protocols.
- Lead off site day trips, river expeditions, and rock-climbing.
- Work with university students to bring a college focus to our programs.
- Assist with housekeeping and facility upkeep as needed.
- Participate in job-related training and staff meetings.
- Conduct a Survey Monkey survey with each group to help provide personal and organizational feedback.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external individuals to ensure the successful functioning of the Blairstown Campus and PBC programs.
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor which is reflective of the values and standards of the Princeton-Blairstown Center in all formal and informal contacts with the organization’s constituencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, however experience in the field can be substituted.
- Documented experience working with young adults, individually and in groups.
- Documented training and experience leading and or facilitating low and high ropes courses, canoeing, backpacking, expeditions, and rock climbing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills, group facilitation skills, and logistical planning experience are a must.
- Basic First Aid and CPR required. Wilderness First Responder certification preferred.
- Comfort in and around water required. ARC Lifeguard Certification preferred.
- Experience living or working with people from diverse cultures or backgrounds preferred.
- Able to work well with a team of others and a co-leader on a one-to-one basis.
- Able to work long hours, including evening and late night programs, in high stress conditions.
- Able to live and work in both outdoor places and urban spaces.
- Able to lift and carry up to 40 plus pounds for extended periods at a time while backpacking.
- Able to work in high places such as ropes courses and in trees.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, professionalism, a commitment to lead by example, and dedication to the mission of the Princeton-Blairstown Center.
- Salary starts at $450 per week, with room, board and training.
- Start date: now- End Date – November 22, 2019
- Apply at: https://tinyurl.com/SEEF2019
- Please have 3 references also submit an online application at: http://www.jotform.net/pbc/83575556195
- WOMEN AND PEOPLE OF COLOR ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Related Jobs (5)
- Assistant/Associate Professor of Outdoor Education on September 12, 2019 Year Round
- Outdoor Enthusiast Social Media Content Specialist (Remote) on September 10, 2019 Year Round