Hidden Villa Farm and Wilderness preserve is seeking an energetic, responsible team player for the position of Health Care Manager/Nurse. Hidden Villa is a non-profit, public benefit corporation with a 60-year history, focusing on environmental education. We use our organic farm, wilderness, and community to teach and provide opportunities to learn about the environment and social justice. Hidden Villa stretches over 1600 acres of open space in the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains, about 40 miles south of San Francisco.
Our mission is to inspire a just and sustainable future through our programs, land and legacy.
- CA Licensed as a RN or LVN; will consider EMT certified
- Current CPR, First Aid, and CA Food Handler certifications
- Experience with children and young adults
- Ability to work well with peers in a team environment
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to assist in emergency situation (fire, evacuation, illness or injury)
- Ability to originate, update and monitor health care, maintain records, and implement health care plan
- Desire to work in a camp community
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record (no major infractions) strongly preferred.
- At least 21 years of age
Responsible to: Camp Directors
Health Care Manager for the camp; supervise health and cleanliness standards; work with camp director and staff; and help provide adequate physical health conditions for all.
- Ensure that each staff member and camper has on file a health history form as required.
- Lead specific areas of staff training pertaining to camp health and safety and the use of universal precautions for infection control
- Conduct health screening & medication check-in for arriving campers & staff, as well as health screening for trips out of camp.
- Conduct an inventory of supplies and place orders when necessary, ensuring timely arrival of supplies.
- Establish and follow appropriate medical routines including record keeping in the daily medical log, disposal of medical waste, managing and safeguarding medications, and utilizing approved First Aid Treatment procedures.
- Coordinate coverage of the health hut.
- Coordinate communication between health hut and camp office.
- Check, re-stock and issue first-aid kits.
- Prepare a summary and evaluation of the camp season including inventories, camper reports on health problems, and make recommendations for the following season.
- Monitor health of all staff and ensure proper staff health record keeping.
- Monitor/evaluate camp procedures, facilities, and conditions and suggest modifications that would create more healthful conditions in the camp.
- Ability to be onsite daily to review camp health practices and consult with/provide advice for other camp staff regarding any medical concerns.
- Serve as a member of the all camp management team.
- These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as
- Ability to drive to doctor or emergency treatment locations.
- Must be able to get to remote locations on Hidden Villa property.
- Read and understand prescriptions, health forms and standing orders.
- Must be able to use telephone.
- Ability to observe and assess unsanitary or unhealthy conditions of camp.
Please apply online at hiddenvilla.org
Benefits: $680-$980 per week DOE. Shared housing and meals could be negotiated as an additional benefit.
Hidden Villa is committed to diversity in our workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected category.
Related Jobs (29)
- Adventure Camp Counselor (Expedition Leader) in Colorado on March 1, 2019 Seasonal
- Alabama Nature Center – Summer Camp Staff Position on March 1, 2019 Seasonal