This job has been Expired
Overview: Wild Society (wildsociety.org) is a wilderness education nonprofit based in North Kitsap County in Washington State. Our mission is to cultivate wonder and belonging in the natural world.
This six-year-old organization has been growing rapidly, thanks to the passionate volunteer work of our founders. We are now excited to bring on our first paid staff member! You will be responsible for continuing to grow this organization’s ability to connect human hearts with the everyday wild with significant support from a network of volunteers, community partners, donors, board members, and program participants. You will have the opportunity to help guide the future direction of our work, collaborating with our community and the natural world for the betterment of both.
Wild Society is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage qualified individuals from all cultures and communities to apply. We are a welcoming group and look forward to incorporating varied perspectives and life experiences into the growth of our organization.
- Manage and build relationships with donors, partners, and the wider community (20%)
- Volunteer coordination (10%)
- Drive communications and oversee the marketing team for the organization including social media, web content, fundraising campaigns, and grants. (25%)
- Participate in the long-term vision of the organization and manage the board of directors including three in-person meetings annually. (15%)
- Manage the organizational budget and oversee the contract accountant (15%)
- Provide administrative support and oversight for 2019 outdoor programs including registration and coordination with the program logistics team. (15%)
- Ability to operate at multiple operational levels—both big picture and specific details.
- Strong sense of personal relationship with the natural world.
- Access to personal workspace, computer, and internet connection.
- Willingness to meet weekly or as-needed in North Kitsap County.
- Strong writing and public speaking skills.
- Creative, collaborative, and self-directed mindset.
- Willingness to delegate and harness the power of a skilled and passionate volunteer base.
- Welcoming of people from different backgrounds with a willingness to listen and to learn.
- Experience with youth education is preferred.
- Authentic interest in continual cultural capacity growth on both a personal and programmatic level and will lead in a way that honors Wild Society’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
This is a part-time (25 hrs/week) exempt position with a flexible schedule. Starting salary is $24,000.
Please email your resume and a personal statement (500 words or less) about your relationship with the natural world and why you would be a good fit for this position to [email protected], with “Wild Society General Manager” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with priority given to those received by 3/31/19. Start date TBD, mid to late April 2019.
Related Jobs (37)
- Summer Camp Adventure, Nature/Science & Camping Staff Wanted on February 3, 2020 Seasonal
- Resident Wilderness Field Instructor (Outdoor Education) on January 31, 2020 Seasonal