NSEA educates, inspires, and engages the community to take action to keep wild salmon here for future generations. Achieving our mission requires the collective work, involvement, and commitment of our community. At NSEA we work every day to expand the consciousness of our local community to include our streams and the salmon that do and could inhabit them. We are dedicated to providing Whatcom County residents with hands-on experience in restoration and the tools to act as stewards to salmon habitat. We believe that when we begin to understand ourselves as citizens of our watersheds, the vision of sustainable wild salmon runs can become a reality. Our growing community of volunteers, students, and donors provide momentum as we work together to ensure that Whatcom County will be home to wild salmon for generations to come. For more information, please visit our webpage: www.n-sea.org. At NSEA, we strongly encourage candidates of all racial and gender identities, cultural and economic backgrounds, and of any sexual orientation to apply for employment and service opportunities. NSEA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status in employment or the provision of services.
As part of the Future Leaders of Whatcom Waters (FLOW) Program the Community Program Internship provides
real-world experiences and professional development opportunities for the future leaders of the environmental
and educational fields.
This is a temporary, part-time, paid position of $14 per hour, 16 hours per week from October 2-December 18,
Students for Salmon Programming Estimated 40% of time
• Educate fourth grade students in salmon ecology topics during Students for Salmon field trips
Stream Stewards Programming Estimated 40% of time
• Lead and educate volunteers in salmon ecology and habitat restoration at Community Work Parties
Salmon Discovery Programming Estimated 10% of time
• Assist in Salmon Discovery Program events and activities
Program Planning and Professional Development Estimated 10% of time
• Work collaboratively with fellow interns to plan and organize for upcoming needs
• Attend professional development workshops to gain skills in a variety of chosen topics
• Assist in all aspects of programming, including set-up, clean-up, and supply/tool maintenance
• Assist with facility needs
• Other duties as assigned
Position is contingent on funding and public health related regulations. Final offers of employment are contingent
upon the successful completion of a background check that may include employment history, national criminal
background check, national sex offender registry search and a driving check.
Disclaimer: This announcement is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the intern
• 18 years or older
• Dependable with strong passion for NSEA’s mission, environmental education, stewardship, and outreach
• Able to work independently and on a team
• Willingness to work in mostly outdoor and some office settings throughout term
• Available Thursdays and/or Fridays from 7 am – 4 pm throughout term
• Available Saturdays from 7 am – 4 pm throughout term
• Available on October 2 for orientation
• Lived or professional experience working with people of all ethnicities, gender identities, incomes,
abilities, and ages, especially youth
We have worked and lived in some of the best places on earth. The experiences that come with seasonal and full time work in adventurous settings are life changing to say the least. We built this job board to share those opportunities with passionate job seekers while connecting employers to the best possible candidates.More about us
Have a question about a job or a place? Need a little extra encouragement? Know of a great place that we haven’t discovered yet? Send us an email, tag us with #AdventureJobBoard on Social, or release the courier pigeons. Contact us. We can’t wait to hear from you!Contact us now
Please sign up here to receive a newsletter listing all our latest jobs, offers and updates.
© 2016 - 2022 Adventure Job Bord - All rights reserved.