This job has been Expired
Red Arrow Camp
Cabin Counselor/Instructor Job Description
Position Purpose: The Cabin Counselor/Instructor is responsible for guiding, supervising, instructing, coaching, organizing, campers in the cabin, in activities, on trips, and throughout camp
NOTE: Anticipated instructional needs for Summer 2019 are: La Crosse, Riflery, Tennis, Mtn. Biking, Fishing, Water Skiing, Soccer, Woodworking, Nature, Track, Basketball, and Swimming.
Minimum Age Required: 19
Employment Dates are: June 9th– August 8th (some staff may be required to come two days prior for specific training needs in certain areas)
Starting Salary: $3,200-3,500 (depending on age/year in school)
- Primary responsibilities are: Live in a cabin with campers and a co-counselor, sharing time with and creating a positive camper group.
- Ensure that campers are properly supervised at all times and that all established camp policies are observed.
- Supervise daily living, including waking boys up and putting them to bed at night,overseeing campers’ personal hygiene, counseling homesick campers, and leading off site overnight backpacking and canoeing camping trips.
- Communicate effectively with co-counselors, heads of programs, and Directors including working together to provide consistent, positive discipline.
- Actively work to help campers develop friendships, demonstrate respect for others, and grow in leadership and responsibility.
- Complete all assigned reports, record keeping, and parent communications as assigned.
- Participate in physical preparations of pre and post camp.
- Maintain high standards of health and safety throughout camp for campers and staff. You
- Provide for the physical, psychological, and emotional care of each camper within your supervision, including recognition of personal health needs.
- Assist campers with personal, interpersonal, and health issues, and discuss with Camp Nurse or Director when appropriate.
- Ensure that campers follow all established safety procedures for activitiesthroughout camp, including providing a safety orientation, safety checking equipment, and ensuring the proper use of equipment.
- Develop and deliver instruction and programming that is fun, engaging, developmental, and appropriate for the age and ability of campers. You will:
- Plan and teach progressive activities/classes designed to accommodate different ages,abilities, and interests, including rainy day activities.
- Follow all established objectives, progressions, procedures and safety regulations.
- Continuously evaluate the success of the program and adjust activities accordingly.
- Model good sportsmanship, cooperation, spirit, and effort.
- Participate in the maintenance, inventory, and care of equipment and supplies used in camp activities.
- Plan, organize and/or supervise special cabin, unit or camp activities and trips as delegated by the Director/Program Head.
Interested? Apply now at: https://redarrowcamp.campmanagement.com/apply
Contact Director Eric Roche at 920-728-2101 or email at [email protected] with any questions.
NOTE: Application review and hiring decisions will be made beginning in January 2019.