As a small nonprofit NSEA will partner with WSC to recruit 2 Environmental Education AmeriCorps members to expand capacity in our environmental education, stewardship, and outreach programs. Members will assist NSEA staff to address one of the largest issues in our community by educating the local citizenry on the challenges native fish are facing in our watersheds. Members will increase NSEA's ability to engage community members from a variety of diverse backgrounds to restore sustainable wild salmon runs, as well as increase our capacity to partner with other programs, businesses, and organizations who support our mission. The Environmental Education Associates will work together to implement NSEA’s community outreach and education programs, specifically focusing on our fourth grade Students for Salmon Program. Associates will lead a series of in-class and field experiences for students throughout Whatcom County. The position is approximately 60% field-based and 40% office-based, but varies based on the season. Work weeks fluctuate and will include weekend and evening events.
Facilitate Students for Salmon Programming: Estimated 60% of time
• Facilitate Students for Salmon Programming, including communicating with teachers and facilitating
classroom and field programming.
• Recruit, train, and supervise FLOW Interns and position them to facilitate Students for Salmon Program.
• Table at outreach booths, assist in the production of outreach materials, conduct public presentations, update
social media feeds, and assist with NSEA and community events.
• Update and maintain NSEA’s various databases, tracking volunteers and student engagement performance
measures along with creating reports on all education programs and projects.
Support additional Education efforts Estimated: 10% of time
• Assist in the planning, promotion, and recruiting for NSEA’s Camp Keystone summer camp program.
• Work with NSEA staff to support teacher training workshops.
Organization and Program Support Estimated 15% of time
• Provide support to other AmeriCorps team members, cross training in their respective programs, including
assisting in Saturday Community Work Parties, Salmon Sighting Events, and other programming
• Assist in maintenance, organization, and upkeep of program supplies, files, and vehicles.
Professional Development and Career Training Estimated 15% of time
• Attend professional development workshops, including Washington Service Corps trainings, along with other
opportunities to gain skills in a variety of chosen topics.
Candidates must submit the online AmeriCorps application as well as submit the online NSEA application (links below)
Online AmeriCorps application – https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=55090
Online NSEA application – https://forms.office.com/r/aqQ1D9W8ZJ
For questions, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email Sarah at [email protected] or call 360-715-0283.
• Gain skills and knowledge in leadership, community engagement, environmental education and restoration,
event planning, and advertising and outreach, salmon recovery, and nonprofits.
• Opportunities to network with a close-knit environmental community.
• 20% of service term is allotted for professional development and training.
• Monthly stipend of $2,066, basic health insurance, workers compensation, childcare (if eligible) and student
• $6,345 education award for future education expenses or existing student loans (awarded at successful term
AmeriCorps IP positions are full-time, 10.5 month positions starting September 1, 2022 through July 15, average 40-45
hours per week, and will include weekend and evening events.
We have worked and lived in some of the best places on earth. The experiences that come with seasonal and full time work in adventurous settings are life changing to say the least. We built this job board to share those opportunities with passionate job seekers while connecting employers to the best possible candidates.More about us
Have a question about a job or a place? Need a little extra encouragement? Know of a great place that we haven’t discovered yet? Send us an email, tag us with #AdventureJobBoard on Social, or release the courier pigeons. Contact us. We can’t wait to hear from you!Contact us now
Please sign up here to receive a newsletter listing all our latest jobs, offers and updates.
© 2016 - 2022 Adventure Job Bord - All rights reserved.