Professionally support and implement all Xanterra at Glacier NP related functions to include (but not limited to): hiring, training, mentoring and supporting of the culinary team; assist in creating and implementing menus and production specifications; kitchen equipment replacement planning, inventory, cost of sales analysis; and, developing and implementing standard operating procedures for the operations, maintaining alignment with Xanterra’s Mission and Values.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Executive Chef
Authorities: To supervise and direct Location Chefs, Sous Chefs, and other kitchen members toward maximizing guest satisfaction and meeting financial plans.
- Perform all duties with the goal of maximizing guest satisfaction in the management of all Glacier National Park culinary operations.
- Assist Executive Chef to recruit, train, mentor, support, and motivate Location Chefs, and Sous Chefs.
- Participate, in conjunction with the F&B Director and Executive Chef, in menu development for the operations supported including EDRs.
- Provide required support to successfully implement and maintain menu concepts for operations supported. Including the development of specs, FoodTrak recipes, product selection, equipment selection, facility design, staffing and the creation of manuals, par sheets and training materials/programs to support these functions. Respond to and document needed operational changes that will positively affect guest service.
- Develop annual Food in Process Excel spreadsheets for your operations. Train management teams in the inventory process. Perform at least one inventory in each of your operations to ensure proper procedures are being utilized. Check monthly inventories for mistakes and make adjustments in the park wide inventory database.
- Develop and implement systems toward better achieving operational and financial goals, including involvement with remodels of food service facilities.
- Work with Executive Chef and Public Health Officer to maximize safety and sanitation systems.
- Assist with development and implementation of F&B Food Safety SOP’s on an annual basis.
- Advise the Director and Executive Chef on kitchen FF&E replacement and capital planning following Xanterra’s environmentally preferable procurement guidelines.
- Assist in the production of parkwide banquets and catered functions to positively affect their delivery.
- Further develop, update, implement and assist in the presentation of the ServeSafe sanitation program and workshops for all required positions.
- Communicate with Food and Beverage Managers, Restaurant Chefs and Location Managers to address food quality, guest service, staffing, standard adherence, facility sanitation and other pertinent issues.
- Follow Company and departmental environmental practices to minimize wasted energy and resources.
- Follow Company and departmental safety practices to minimize risk to self and others.
- Follow Company and departmental policies and procedures.
- A 2-year formal culinary degree from an accredited institution or formal ACF apprenticeship certificate required or ACF certification at the Chef de Cuisine level or higher. Or equivalent.
- Five years management experience required.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Commitment to offering excellent guest service.
- Interpersonal communication skills.
- Organizational/time-management skills.
- Working Knowledge of all kitchen positions and equipment.
- Knowledge of food and beverage.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures used within the department and company helpful.
- Knowledge of Glacier Park food and beverage facilities helpful.
- Certification in the ServeSafe food-handling program is required. Workshops will be provided if not currently certified.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, approximately 6 hours.
- Must be able to walk for extended periods of time, variable.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time, approximately 8 hours.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to reach, bend, stretch, and reach for extended periods of time.
CLICK HERE to apply!
Related Jobs (13)
- Commercial Laundry Assistant Manager for Glacier National Park, Summer 2020 on January 13, 2020 Seasonal
- Dining Room Manager in Glacier National Park, Summer 2020 on April 25, 2019 Seasonal
- Security Guard in Glacier National Park, Summer 2020 on March 7, 2019 Seasonal
- Maintenance Associate in Glacier National Park, Summer 2020 on February 28, 2019 Seasonal
- Shuttle Driver in Glacier National Park, Summer 2020 on February 20, 2019 Seasonal