This job has been Expired
Great Appalachian Valley Conservation Corps
Build your Invasive Species Management skill set!
Position Timeline: 18 weeks, 675 hour AmeriCorps National Service term; starting May or June 2019
Pay Rate: $500/week + Segal Education Award
Status: Seasonal/Temporary; Individual Placement; Internship
Location: Washington, DC
Contact: Michelle Marsich – [email protected]
The Exotic Plant Management Individual Placement is based in Washington, DC as part of the National Capital Region Exotic Plant Management Team with the National Park Service. This 18-week AmeriCorps position will provide invasive plant management program support to the parks and partners in the National Capital Region. The Individual Placement will engage in responsibilities primarily in a field but also in an office setting. In the field, the Individual Placement will work side-by-side with trained staff to conduct invasive plant control in potentially strenuous and adverse conditions. This position will work with GIS and related tools as well as with paper and electronic files to conduct invasive plant ranking, evaluate tools for mobile data collection, collect data and/or perform data analysis, contribute to the development of reports, and assist in the development of communication materials. Training in invasive species management, chainsaw use, Mid-Atlantic Ecology and more will be provided. Housing is not available for this position.
To qualify, you must be between the ages of 21 and 27, and a US citizen that has received a high school diploma or GED. All offers of employment are conditional upon completion of an acceptable check of the National Sex Offender Public Registry and federal criminal background check. Must be eligible to receive an AmeriCorps Education Award.
- Resident of Washington, DC or surrounding metro area
- Two or four year college degree in a biology-related subject area
- Familiarity with local plant identification
- Valid First Aid/CPR/AED certification
Related Jobs (39)
- Shuttle Driver, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 on February 20, 2019 Seasonal
- Retail Operations Manager, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 on February 20, 2019 Seasonal
- Groups Booking Specialist, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 on February 20, 2019 Seasonal
- Parkwide Electrician, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 on February 20, 2019 Seasonal
- Housekeeping Room Attendant, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019 on February 19, 2019 Seasonal
- ACE BLM Direct Hire Authority Internship Opportunities on February 14, 2019 Internship