Grand Canyon Holiday Inn Express
Job Title: Chief Engineer (Salaried)
Job Title: Chief Engineer (Salaried)
Company: Grand Canyon Management / Grand Canyon Holiday Inn Express
Reports To: General Manager / Corporate Office
Supervises: Maintenance staff.
A Chief Engineer with Grand Canyon Holiday Inn Express is responsible for directing and overseeing the functionality and safety of the facility to protect the well-being of all guests and team members in the hotels continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As Chief Engineer, you would be responsible for directing and overseeing the functionality and safety of the facility to protect the well-being of all guests and team members in the hotels continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Direct and oversee the functionality and safety of the facility, including, but not limited to, physical buildings, mechanical equipment, electrical systems, heating and cooling systems, life safety systems and grounds according to federal, state and local regulations
- Work closely with Housekeeper and Front Desk Manager to ensure coordination of activities. May confer with other departments as necessary.
- Conduct facility inspections
- Assign, verify and document completion of all routine maintenance and repairs in the property maintenance management system
- Direct, oversee and maintain required documentation for energy management and conservation and preventive maintenance programs
- Lead, manage and communicate information about capital projects and property rehabilitations, including, but not limited to, scheduling, budgeting and complying with contractor bidding standards.
- Obtain required licenses and permits to ensure full compliance with codes, regulations and safety standards
- Direct daily department operations including, but not limited to, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, inventory management and cost controls, systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, and adherence to federal, state and local standards.
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members.
- Maintain the physical property, training records, and inspections according to IHG standards.
Requirements – What we are looking for.
- Proven experience as a Hotel Chief Engineer.
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety regulations
- Familiarity with plumbing, electrical, sewer and HVAC systems; hotel industry experience is a plus
- Experience in administrative processes (e.g. budgeting, performance management)
- Ability to spot safety risks and address needs quickly
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- High school diploma or equivalent; degree from a vocational school or BS/BA in Facility Management is preferred
- Prior IHG experience is a plus.
- Valid Certified Professional Maintenance Manager (CPMM) is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office WORD and EXCELL software.
- Pass E-verify requirements.
What we offer:
- Aggressive compensation package.
- As a team member of the Grand Canyon Holiday Inn Express you will have access to the IHG Employee rate program which makes employee room inventory from all of IHG brands (www.ihg.com) available to you for deeply discounted rates.
- We offer a few options for Health Insurance as well as Vision and Dental.
- You will begin accumulating vacation pay at the start of your employment with us.
- Our “Sick Pay” system is in accordance with the state of Arizona’s requirements.