This job has been Expired
Be a part of something significant and meaningful, to benefit yourself and others!
Be a part of a community that supports your values and encourages personal growth!
Ratna Ling Retreat Center welcomes you! We are located in the redwood coastal hills of Sonoma County in Northern California. Live and thrive in a truly unique environment where personal inquiry, cooperation, and spiritual exploration are supported and encouraged. Enjoy rewarding work and a healthy lifestyle in a country environment while participating in an integrated program of learning.
Ratna Ling is a non-profit retreat center and intentional community grounded in Tibetan Buddhist tradition. Supported by a spiritual community of like-minded people dedicated to service to humanity, this year-round residential work-study opportunity allows your skills and enthusiasm to flourish. Seeking those with a sincere interest and a strong work ethic.
Maintenance volunteers take care of the infrastructure of Ratna Ling Retreat Center, a project which could be called “Public Works”.
A successful maintenance staffer will be curious about how things work, while also being intent on getting things working as quickly and safely as possible, not afraid of complexity, comfortable asking for assistance, and happy to work alone on a project. Using YouTube or Google is not frowned up here, as we appreciate resourceful people.
The scope of the work will vary mostly depending on the size of the maintenance group.
One person crew:
- Emergency fixes, utility failures, critical small jobs, ensuring safety of residents.
- Trees down on roads, leaks, appliance repairs, irrigation repairs, tool repairs, building repairs
Two person crew:
- Construction projects, Groundskeeping, Vehicle repairs, AV system maintenance, testing, and repair, non-critical repairs of furniture and some tools
Three person crew:
- Development, parks, trails, scheduled maintenance of cottages, lodge, and conference center, vehicles, tools
- Scheduled cleaning and beautification of all parts of the property, bucking logs, splitting wood.
- Ideally, applicants will be physically fit, and capable of lifting at least 25 lbs unassisted. Volunteers will do lots of walking, standing, lifting, kneeling, using dexterity, etc.