Fripp Island Resort
Our Recreation Interns are responsible for assisting the Recreation Director and other recreation staff members with daily operations in the Fripp Island Activity Center. Responsibilities include:
- Planning, implementing, and evaluating all activities and special events for children, resort guests, and club members.
- Gain exposure to resort operations and properties and offers correct information to guests about the island
- Participates in the marketing and promoting of all recreation related events including holiday events, arts and crafts, night programs, and sports tournaments
- Generates enthusiasm through guest contact to promote recreational programs and island amenities on a daily basis
- Tracks daily revenues and expenses, documents daily events, reviews supply of inventories, and keeps accurate retail sheet of daily sales
- Completes all university requirements including weekly logs, special projects, reports, mid-term and final evaluations
- Follows all Fripp Island policies regarding conduct, dress, and on-property living arrangements
- Assists with office and clerical duties required by the department such as answering phones and taking reservations
- Perform additional duties upon request
Recreation staff have a 40 hour work week including working some weekends and holidays. Additional time off and guests can be accommodated within reason.