This job has been Expired
Deer Hill Expeditions
OUTDOOR EDUCATION INTERNSHIP
Deer Hill’s Internship Program is an essential element of the Deer Hill community, both in spirit and in hard work. Interns live onsite and support Deer Hill programs and operations by preparing equipment, packing supplies, repairing gear, maintaining facilities, and facilitating resupplies. This internship offers a unique perspective and opportunity for interaction in the community of outdoor education. Interns work alongside field staff during transitions and resupplies, they help participants get outfitted with gear from our store, they work alongside our kitchen staff preparing meals, and they work with our Facility Manager preparing vehicles for use. With hands-on experience and guidance from Deer Hill administrative staff, Interns learn about the logistics and systems to facilitate multi-element wilderness expeditions and cross-cultural service projects.
Upon completion of the internship program, exceptional and motivated interns may be invited back to work with Deer Hill in an Assistant Instructor or Instructor role. Requirements for working as Field Staff are listed above.
- 20 years of age minimum.
- Able to work legally in the United States.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Ability to pass criminal background checks.
- Good physical condition, able to carry 50 pounds.
- Able to commit to the duration of the internship.
- Comfortable driving long distances and camping.
- Able to live and work cooperatively with others.
- Willing to work long hours.
- Dependable and professional.
- Pursuing a career as an outdoor professional.
- Positive attitude and good sense of humor.
- Experience repairing gear.
- March 25th – May 31st 2020 OR June 1st – August 17th 2020
- Lodging provided.
- Supplemental food and meals available.
- Access to pro purchase programs.
- Join Summer Field Training (~5 day backcountry experience).
- $1,415 stipend.