This job has been Expired
YMCA of the Rockies
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE: https://campchiefouray.org/about-camp/work-at-camp/
Position Summary: Responsible for assisting the Camp Chief Ouray team as we execute a mission-based communications plan while providing growth and creative revenue avenues for the organization.
Requirements for ALL CAMP STAFF:
- Be able to read, speak and/or write English.
- Be able to work inside and outside in all weather conditions and hike on uneven terrain.
- Have current certification in CPR/First Aid.
- Be a dedicated team worker.
- Participate in pre-camp staff training.
- Set a high personal example of Christian character and be dedicated to building Christian character with all campers and staff. Demonstrate caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith in your everyday interactions within the camp community.
- Be concerned with camper development and growth.
- Serve as a role model for campers and staff.
- Be responsible for the general appearance and cleanliness of camp. Report any needed repairs to the camp office.
- Be punctual. Always have a watch.
- Put the campers’ needs before your personal needs or issues.
- Never leave campers unsupervised.
- Help uphold and enforce camp policies and standards.
- Ability to solve problems with the needs of YMCA of the Rockies participants in
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies mission, policies, and programs.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
Requirements for MEDIA INTERN:
- Personal Requirements
- Must have or be working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or marketing.
- Must have effective writing skills and some experience in editing.
- Must have thought processes that successfully integrate web, print, TV, etc.
- Must be self-motivated and able to thrive in a complicated, challenging environment.
- Must be able to handle numerous multiple tasks at the same time.
- Must have demonstrated, as part of course work or professional / internship, the ability to successfully meet deadlines.
- Must be able to remain calm in a crisis and lead others through problems.
- Must be an outwardly enthusiastic and caring person that demonstrates a sincere appreciation of others.
- Must demonstrate an eagerness to grow and to learn.
- Must be able to lift and move boxes 40 lbs and under.
- Personal knowledge or experience with the camping community is a plus.
- Writing (with assistance) blog posts, newsletters, web content, ads, and Facebook updates.
- Editing (with assistance) web content, ads, brochures, and newsletters written by the Camp Chief Ouray Team as necessary.
- Producing photographs of each child and camp activities throughout the summer for possible use in promotional and retention materials.
- Developing videos to portray the life and activities at Camp Chief Ouray.
- Managing videos and photographs on the website and other social marketing venues.
- Understand all aspects of camp programs.
- Completing office work and other projects as assigned, such as writing letters to volunteers, answering e-mail requests, and filing, faxing, and answering phones, etc.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Ensure guest satisfaction.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record and comply with YMCA driving rule to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles. (Required for approved driver only)
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- All other duties as assigned.