This job has been Expired
Deer Hill Expeditions
LOGISTICAL COORDINATOR INTERNSHIP
Deer Hill’s Logistic Coordinator (LC) is an essential element of the Deer Hill community, both in spirit and in hard work. LCs live on site and support Deer Hill programs and operations by preparing equipment, repairing gear, maintaining facilities, facilitating resupplies, outfitting store management, Summer Intern management, and assisting with logistical scheduling.
This is a unique perspective and opportunity for interaction in the community of outdoor education. This position offers the opportunity to manage logistical operations as well as assist in managing our Summer Interns. LCs work alongside field staff during transitions and resupplies, help participants get outfitted with gear from our store, work alongside our kitchen staff preparing meals, and work with our Facility Manager preparing vehicles for use, and base camp maintenance. With hands-on experience and guidance from Deer Hill administrative staff, LCs learn about, and manage the logistics and systems to facilitate multi-element wilderness expeditions and cross-cultural service projects.
- LCs live on site and support Deer Hill programs and operations by preparing equipment, repairing gear, maintaining facilities, facilitating resupplies, outfitting store management, Summer Intern management, and assisting with logistical scheduling.
- Weekly schedule varies to accommodate programming needs.
- March 9th – August 31st 2020
- 21 years of age minimum.
- Able to work legally in the United States.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Ability to pass criminal background checks.
- Good physical condition, able to carry 50 pounds.
- Able to commit to the duration of the internship.
- Comfortable driving long distances and camping.
- Able to live and work cooperatively with others.
- Willing to work long hours.
- Dependable and professional.
- Management experience
- Pursuing a career as an outdoor professional.
- Positive attitude and good sense of humor.
- Experience repairing gear.
- Retail experience
- Lodging provided.
- Supplemental food and meals available.
- Access to pro purchase programs.
- Attend Field Staff River Training (~5 day river trip).
- $ 1640 stipend.