Montana Conservation Corps
MCC’s Conservation Intern (CI) program provides opportunities for young adults to gain professional experience in a conservation-related field. Conservation Interns serve at partnering federal/state agencies, nonprofits, tribal offices, and other community-based conservation organizations across Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Idaho.
The Conservation Intern program is designed to make a measurable difference in local conservation efforts while strengthening the professional experience of our members. Interns are placed individually with a partner organization and work under the direct supervision of the Host Site Supervisor, while coordinating with MCC staff to ensure successful completion of the program objectives. CIs serve on a variety of projects including GPS and GIS projects, river ranger patrols, habitat enhancement, data analysis, public outreach and education, trails projects, research, and invasive species management.
- Location: Varies based on host site placement
- Position Dates:
- Summer Term: 5/15/19 – 8/16/19
- Extended Term: 5/15/19 – 10/4/19
- Living Allowance: $504 bi-weekly + AmeriCorps Education Award upon completion of the program.
More information about our program can be found here: http://mtcorps.org/join/big-sky-watershed-corps-conservation-internships/conservation-intern-program/
Application deadline is February 9th
Please contact [email protected] or 406-587-4475 with any questions.
Related Jobs (33)
- Urban Forestry Seasonal (Community Service Aide II) on February 4, 2020 Seasonal
- Summer Camp Adventure, Nature/Science & Camping Staff Wanted on February 3, 2020 Seasonal
- Resident Wilderness Field Instructor (Outdoor Education) on January 31, 2020 Seasonal