This job has been Expired
American Conservation Experience
American Conservation Experience, a Non-Profit Conservation Corps, in partnership with the Bureau of Land Management is seeking Various Direct Hire Authority Interns interested in dedicating at least 11 weeks in support of BLM. This internship opportunity is intended to provide individuals from diverse and underrepresented backgrounds professional experience and exposure to public service and lands management.
A Direct-Hire Authority (DHA) internship is perhaps the most effective tool currently available to agencies seeking to expedite the hiring of qualified people in positions that must be filled quickly. It is a competitive and rigorous project based internship. The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and ACE EPIC are looking to engage the next generation of conservation stewards. The program will raise awareness of our public lands, their accessibility, and the need for the community’s involvement in their preservation.
Please note, some positions may require travel.
For more information about BLM DHA internships, please visit this link.
Start Date: June 3rd, 2019
End Date: August 16th, 2019
Various locations available. See position details in provided links for more information.
Compensation: $600-$700/wk. Compensation is dependent on education level (Undergraduate/Graduate). Relocation funds provided to those who qualify. Housing stipend provided to those interns located in Washington, DC.
For more detailed project descriptions, please visit this link.
Archaeologists, Biological Techs, Cartographic Techs, Civil Engineers, Contract/Grants Specialists, Ecologists, Fisheries Biologists, Forestry Techs, Geographers, Geologists, GIS Specialists, Land Law Examiners, Land Surveyors, Management and Program Analyst, Maintenance Mechanics, Natural Resource Specialists, Navigable Waters Specialists, Outdoor Recreation Planners, Park Rangers, Historians, Petroleum Engineers, Physical Science Techs, Public Affairs Specialists, Rangeland Management, Realty Specialists, Surface Compliance Techs, Survey Techs, and Web Managers!
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate their skills and experience through their resume and application and be in pursuit of, have a 4-year degree, or have graduated within 6 months with a degree in a relevant field.
**Please note: Direct Hire Authority must be utilized within two years of graduation. I.E. If you graduated May 2019, then you must utilize your DHA before May 2021, even though the internship ends August 2019. If current student, DHA status eligibility begins once you graduate.
- US Citizenship
- At least 17 years of age
- Intern must be a current student or recent graduate (within 6 months of internship end date)at an accredited college or university
- A valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and ability to provide such documentation; Driving Record check will be completed during on-boarding process. (Interns must be 21+ to drive agency vehicles);
- Ability to undergo a federal criminal history check
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Precise attention to detail
- Ability to function independently and with a team
- Strong work ethic
- High level of professionalism
- Passion for public lands
- Understanding of BLM Multiple Use Policies
Selection Criteria: Please note that this specific program is intended as opportunities for those who identify as individuals from diverse and underrepresented communities. All applications will be reviewed and rated according to the following criteria: relevant educational and work experience, oral and written communication skills, maturity, professionalism, technical knowledge and expertise, evidence of adaptability and adventurousness, and ability to work effectively with diverse audiences. Selected candidates will undergo a background check before beginning their assignment.The intern must be willing to represent ACE and the BLM in a professional, positive, and enthusiastic manner. Drug users should not consider applying, as ACE reserves the right to require drug testing.
REVIEW PRIOR TO SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
To Apply please:
Resume Format: Applicants must submit their resume as follows:
Full Name of Applicant with contact information (phone, primary address, email address [must include personal email and, if applicable, a school email. Please do not include only school email address]).
Provide details regarding the organizations you have worked prior.
Please include: Name, location, dates of employment, position title, and brief description of duties.
Full name of accredited college, university, or community college’s graduated from or enrolled in.
Must include: location (city and state), actual date of graduation or anticipated graduation date (month, year), degree(s), and grade point average.
Name of organization, location, dates of volunteer work, position title if applicable, and brief description of duties.
Certifications or Licenses
Please only list relevant certifications or licenses.
Awards, Honors, Activities:
Include grants or scholarships, academic honors, and educational/professional affiliations.
Must include: Full name, email address, phone number, affiliation.
Must include at least three references: Professional, Educational, and Personal. (Note: Please do not include more than one personal reference.)
2. Cover letter addressing these questions:
- What position/location are you applying for specifically?
- Graduation Date (Actual or Anticipated)
- What skill sets do you bring to the position(s) you are applying for?
- What are your future career goals and interests
3. Current copy of your transcripts (unofficial is acceptable).
4. One letter of recommendation from a professional or educational reference.
5. Additional materials if desired (writing samples, additional reference letters, etc).
**If your application does not meet these requirements, your application may be marked as incomplete and not reviewed.
Application Deadline: All BLM DHA applications will close on March 8th, 2019. Note: Early consideration will be given as applications are received.
Related Jobs (14)
- Veteran’s Fire Corps Crew Leader Development Program on November 13, 2019 Seasonal
- Dolores River Restoration Partnership (DRRP) Strike Team Leader on November 13, 2019 Seasonal
- Adult Crew Leaders & Crew Leaders in Development Program (CLDP) on November 8, 2019 Seasonal