This job has been Expired
The Omega Institute
This application is for a residential (live on campus) seasonal Service Corps position which is unpaid, approximately 25 hours per week, and requires a minimum one-month commitment between early-May to early-October. Service Corps must bring their own tent and overhead tarp to live in. Omega provides tent platforms.
The Omega Service Corps Experience
Omega’s Service Corps experience offers the unique opportunity for individuals to contribute professional skills and compassionate customer service while thriving in a vibrant service and learning oriented environment.
- Contribute meaningful service – join a team of people who are passionate about contributing to a meaningful cause
- Learn and grow – enjoy access to specially designed Holistic Education Program classes, trainings, and events
- Immerse in nature – explore Omega’s beautiful 250-acre campus and amenities
Service Corps Commitment
We seek individuals who are professional and committed to providing exemplary service in support of our mission, who can live in community harmoniously, and who model our values – Holism, Community, Sustainability, Service, and Integrity.
Seasonal Service Corps represent Omega as excellent stewards of professional and compassionate service. The customer service that they provide is an integral part of their time here. Every interaction they have with fellow team members, participants, teachers, and colleagues are at the heart of creating the Omega experience.
Program Summary & Benefits
Service Corps join Omega for at least four weeks and offer service up to 25 hours per week while the campus is open, between mid-May to early-October. The Service Corps team supports all of Omega’s departments, rather than focusing on a single position or department. This allows for Service Corps to have a dynamic and well-rounded experience, assisting across Omega’s campus in a variety of activities and interacting with a large spectrum of fellow team members and participants. Since Service Corps are required to assist in all departments, we recommend applicants review the department descriptions (located in the Seasonal FAQ page) to ensure they are willing and able to serve in all of these roles.
In return for their service, Seasonal Service Corps members receive:
- Three delicious meals per day in our mostly vegetarian Dining Hall
- A camp site on our beautiful campus, with shared bathhouse
- Access to Omega’s team member benefits
*Beyond these benefits, no monetary compensation is provided.
- Ability to lift, carry, and move up to 30 lbs. regularly, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Ability to work in hot, noisy, crowded environment
- Ability to process information quickly and communicate clearly
- Ability to bend, lift, twist, stand, kneel, grasp and do repetitive motions
- Ability to be quick and efficient in a busy and active environment