This job has been Expired
Star Island Corporation
- Star Island is a non-profit organization that hosts summer camps and conferences on 43-acre Star Island, one of the Isles of Shoals 10 miles off the coast of Portsmouth, NH.
- We employ over 100 people, (known as “Pelicans”), who perform jobs ranging from maintaining guest rooms and bathrooms to waiting on family-style tables to food preparation.
- Room and board is provided at no cost; accommodations are basic and dormitory-style, with shared bathrooms.
- Pelicans work 6 days (approximately 42 hours) per week and have the option to spend their weekly day off on the island or visiting historic Portsmouth New Hampshire on the mainland for the day.
- Many Pelicans return year after year, and being a Pelican has been cited as one of the top ten jobs in New England.
- Most Pelicans love working and living on Star Island and make friendships and professional connections that last a lifetime. If you would like a glimpse into what it is like to live and work on Star Island, please watch this video: https://www.facebook.com/StarIslandCorp/videos/726603591056767/