This job has been Expired
Alaska Raptor Center
The Alaska Raptor Center seeks Wildlife Interpreters for Alaska’s premier bald eagle treatment center and educational facility, which is also one of the state’s foremost visitor attractions. The Alaska Raptor Center is located on 17 lush acres in the temperate rainforest of Southeast Alaska, nestled between mountains and the sea. We educate 40,000 visitors each summer.
- Ensure that our visitors have a positive experience.
- Present stage programs.
- Conduct guided tours of the facility.
- Provide customer service and process transactions in the gift shop.
- Process ticket sales at our front desk & entry gate.
- Keep public areas of the Center visitor-ready at opening, closing, and throughout the day. This includes cleaning the restrooms, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning all display cases and counter areas, taking out trash, sweeping the deck, making coffee, stocking educational materials and maintaining tidiness.
- Candidates must be enthusiastic, outgoing and have a willingness to work hard.
- Candidates must be willing to do public speaking.
- Candidates must be willing to learn. This position is a great educational opportunity: You’ll learn about eagles, owls, hawks, falcons and Alaska’s rainforest, and share that knowledge with others.
Position Type and Duration
- Seasonal full-time (40 hours per week)
- Flexible start date between April and early May.
- Position ends September 30th
The Wildlife Interpreter reports directly to the Development Specialist.