Royal Gorge Rafting & Zip Line Tours
Being a river guide has many perks aside from unlimited rafting opportunities. You will have the chance to learn to kayak, access world-class mountain biking and hiking, fishing and much much more.
Royal Gorge Rafting is continuously Colorado’s top-rated Company on the Arkansas River in the Royal Gorge region. Join our team of fun, laid back and professional river guides, kayakers, and zip line guides.
To become a Guide at Royal Gorge Rafting & Zip Line Tours, you will need to go through or meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be over 18 years of age.
- You will need to maintain a high fitness level to work outdoors through diverse weather and challenging scenarios.
- Possess current First Aid and CPR certifications. We always encourage our guide staff to seek higher levels of training such as OEC WFA or WFR & SRT
- Commit to a full season of work which includes weekends and holidays. (Memorial Day Weekend thru Labor Day Weekend – exceptions are made for students)
- You will be expected to assist our team in maintaining the highest level of quality and cleanliness of our base location, beaches, associated gear, and vehicles.
- You must adhere to Royal Gorge Rafting’s guidelines and most importantly treat colleagues and guests with the highest level of respect.
The guides we are seeking possess outstanding people skills, a good sense of humor, the ability to read social cues and adapt your guest’s interests. You will need to easily connect with a wide range of personalities and genuinely appreciate people for who they are.
You will need to anticipate, troubleshoot and solve challenging problems when and if they arise. You will be expected to stay energized and positive while delivering exceptional customer service. You will need to be resilient, fun, lively and embrace adventure! You will have to be a flexible team player with sustained energy and motivation even when days grow long.
You will have to embrace the lifestyle of being a guide which has its challenges – yet is exceedingly gratifying if you take advantage of what the lifestyle has to offer. We are seeking applicants that have a passion and respect for the outdoors and those that approach the things they do in life professionally whether the goal is large or small. (If you do not feel you fit the model description be honest with yourself as to whether a job with Royal Gorge Rafting is a good fit for you.)
Guide pay is on a per-trip basis at a salaried rate of $45 – $65 per trip for river guides. With the likely potential to run two trips per day during our busy season.
Please apply at royalgorgerafting.net/jobs