Under the direction of the Parks Supervisor, the Lifeguard Coordinator will be responsible for the daily coordination of lifeguard scheduling according to state rules and activities programmed. The Coordinator will also provide support and communication to ensure that the lifeguards are well informed and are performing duties accordingly.
Performs the duties below; other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate:
- Schedules and manages the on duty lifeguards.
- Verifies certifications of potential candidates.
- Reports any discrepancies or issues immediately to the Parks Supervisor.
- Checks stock of all supplies and reports it to Parks Supervisor, or his designee.
- Provides various types of documentation/reports.
- Makes recommendations, and be available at various times to meet staff in regards to the lifeguard program and or its various needs.
- Provides general administrative and clerical support; such as filing, faxing, copying, scanning, printing, emailing, etc., for parks administration staff, and senior staff as requested, and distributes as required.
- Answers and directs phone calls in an efficient manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.