Avid4 Adventure empowers kids to choose an active, outdoor lifestyle. Expedition Instructors are the cornerstone of our team, providing support, mentorship, and instruction to our campers with enthusiasm and passion. Instructors provide 24-hour care for our campers and act as their primary support and role models. We want instructors that can:
- Live Fun
- Live Environmentally Connected
- Live Truth
- Live Smart(er)
- Live Gratitude
- Live Empowered
- Live Balanced
- Live Community
PLEASE NOTE that this is a field-based position. Instructors will spend their summer in Wyoming, Rocky Mountain National Park, Steamboat Lake State Park, and/or Staunton State Park guiding kids on multi-sport, backpacking, biking, or climbing adventures.
The CORE Responsibilities of an Expedition Instructor:
- Provide 24-hour support with guidance, supervision, safety and comfort for participants during all activities
- Lead an activity group of up to 13 campers through our outdoor adventure program featuring rock climbing, mountain biking, paddle sports, and more
- Serve as a role model and guide campers in appropriate behavior, attitudes, and activities
- Guide a 6-night overnight experience, from Sunday to Saturday weekly
- Organize and participate in camp programming, ranging from outdoor sports to camp games and rituals
- Provide exceptional customer service to parents and all participants in our programs
- Be a member of a dynamic staff team and take an active role in the evaluation of campers, programs, and staff
- Minimum 18 years of age and a sincere passion for working with kids
- Wilderness First Aid (WFA, WFR, EMT, or W-EMT) and CPR
- “Lead Expedition Instructors” are selected based on previous experience and certifications and will receive additional compensation in exchange for more ownership over the trip.
- Staff training: Begins in early June, specific dates TBD.
- Camp Dates: June 16-August 11