Ride the Alaska Railroad, Sea Kayak past icebergs and take folks onto a glacier for a hike or climb. Make friends, get paid and tipped well and call it “work”.
Ascending Path has been guiding worldwide since 1995. We are a small family owned guide service entering our 19th successful summer season guiding in Girdwood, Alaska. We focus on ecotourism day tour adventures, outdoor education and custom-tailored adventures for families, high profile clients, individual travelers, groups, disabled, local Alaskans and experienced climbers, alike. We take pride in having world-class, knowledgeable, certified, personable guides and staff, which ultimately creates the trip of a lifetime. Our ideal staff is multi-faceted and well integrated with a variety of skill sets and backgrounds. Please study our website, especially our employment and guides pages to see if you might be a good fit.
- Glacier Hiking guiding experience (w/crampons)
- Sea kayaking guiding experience
- Crevasse Rescue experience
- Current Wilderness First Responder Cert.
- Excellent wilderness knowledge
- Excellent interpretive communication skills
- Sincere enthusiasm to share Alaska’s wilderness
- An attitude of environmental stewardship
- No prior felonies
- Ability to lift 80 lbs regularly
- Immaculate punctuality
- Ability to be flexible with dynamic logistics
- Available May 15th- Sept.15th
- Outstanding customer service skills
- A humble, happy, fun, helpful and friendly disposition.
Related Jobs (25)
- 2019 Summer – Rock Climbing & Zip Lining Guide – Skagway on January 18, 2019 Seasonal