This job has been Expired
Royal Gorge Rafting
Being a river guide has many perks aside from unlimited rafting opportunities. You will have the chance to learn to kayak, access world-class mountain biking and hiking, fishing and much much more.
We operate 2 base locations on the Arkansas River. Royal Gorge Rafting Base and Royal Gorge Rafting “Adventure Beach” both of which are the top tier locations in the Royal Gorge Region!
To become a River Guide at Royal Gorge Rafting, you will need to go through or meet the following requirements:
- Have a minimum of 1 season on Class I-IV for Bighorn Sheep Canyon, 4 seasons on Class II-V for the Royal Gorge section.
- Applicants must be over 18 years of age.
- You will need to maintain a high fitness level to work outdoors through diverse weather and challenging scenarios.
- Possess current First Aid and CPR certifications. We always encourage our guide staff to seek higher levels of training such as OEC WFA or WFR & SRT
- Commit to a full season of work which includes weekends and holidays. (Memorial Day Weekend thru Labor Day Weekend – exceptions are made for students)
- You will be expected to assist our team in maintaining the highest level of quality and cleanliness of our base location, beaches, associated gear, and vehicles.
- You must adhere to Royal Gorge Rafting’s guidelines and most importantly treat colleagues and guests with the highest level of respect.
The guides we are seeking will have to possess outstanding people skills, a good sense of humor, the ability to read social cues and adapt their approach to your guests’ demeanor. You will need to easily connect with a multitude of personalities and appreciate people for who they are. You will need to be genuine.
You will need to anticipate, troubleshoot and solve challenging problems when and if they arise. You will be expected to stay energized and positive with the ability to spread the “happy” while delivering exceptional service. You will need to be resilient, fun, lively and embrace adventure! You will have to be a flexible team player with sustained energy and motivation through long days and take on multiple tasks and “dirty work.”
We are seeking applicants that have a passion and respect for the outdoors and those that approach the things they do in life professionally whether the goal is large or small. (If you do not feel you fit the model description be honest with yourself as to whether a job with Royal Gorge Rafting is a good fit for you.)
Please apply at royalgorgerafting.net/jobs