This job has been Expired
The River's Path
We are looking for 2-3 experienced canoe guides to serve as head guides on our half and full day canoe trips on the St. Vrain River east of Longmont, CO.
The best candidates for this position must embrace The River’s Path’s (TRP) vision and mission and must have the experience and leadership to work with clientele and other staff from diverse cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds. Teamwork, flexibility, confidentiality, creativity, and self-direction are traits of successful employees at TRP. High level communication is a necessity for this position.
Work will start April 20 with training and generally be completed by Oct 20. The work is anticipated at 5-30 hours a week, with substantially higher hours in June – August. Must be able to commit to availability for the longer summer hours including weekends.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES may include but not limited to:
- Act as head guide for 2-5 half and full day canoe trips per week.
- Coordinate with other guides to ensure a guide to participant ratio of 1:5.
- Community networking and promotion of canoe trips to local groups and businesses.
- Provide safety and canoe instruction to clients
- Manage unexpected situations on the river: safety considerations, accidents, interpersonal challenges, and changing weather conditions.
- Coordinate maintenance and repair of TRP equipment
- Shuttle clients in a 15 passenger van with a canoe trailer
- Administrative Assistance (as assigned from the Executive/Founder)
REQUIREMENTS AND SPECIAL LICENSE(S)/CERTIFICATIONS:
Current driver’s license with clean driving record, Wilderness First Responder, CPR, Swiftwater Rescue, 500 river miles in accordance with Colorado State trip leader requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Expert river canoeist
- Experienced naturalist
- Skilled in the use of Google Drive, Sheets, Instagram, Facebook, and comfortable learning how to use Peek Pro, our booking system.
- Comfortable managing a complicated schedule of river trips.
- Able to lift 80lb canoes with assistance
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Comfortable driving a 15 passenger van with a canoe trailer
- Comfortable with collaboration and deep open communication
- BA/BS in Environmental Studies, Education, Psychology, Biology, or related field.
- Social media marketing skills
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected]