Alaska Mountain Guides
The Skagway Tour Services rep (or dock reps)’s main responsibility is to carry out the company’s mission of providing clients with a safe, enjoyable, and educational wilderness experience. The Skagway reps facilitate the operation of all our day programs via collecting passengers, collecting tickets and waivers, and driving transfers.
Alaska Mountain Guides
Alaska Mountain Guides is the premier outdoor adventure guide service in Southeast Alaska. Day trips out of Skagway and Haines include rock climbing, zip-lining, hiking, kayaking, and canoeing. AMG also offers multi-day expeditions and instructional courses across the globe.
Guiding Alaskan rivers since 1978, Chilkat Guides has been a leader in river guiding for over three decades. Hike and float the historic Chilkoot Trail, raft through the Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve, or experience the culture and history of the Tlingits in their mother village of Klukwan on one of our day trips. Chilkat Guides also offers multi-day rafting adventures on some of North America’s most wild and remote rivers.
Skagway Specific Employee Information:
Essential Job Functions
- Meet guests disembarking cruise ships.
- Collect tickets and ensure each guest correctly completes the appropriate waiver/assumption of risk form.
- Give guests rundown/synopsis of the tour they are taking and answer any questions they have.
- Check-in/out with ship shore excursion staff.
- Collects tickets and waivers from other guides as they leave the pier.
- Keep all tickets and waivers organized throughout the day.
- Appropriately fill out ship settlement forms.
- Settle with ships at the end of the day to ensure payment for tours given.
- Walk guests or drive guests to tour departure location.
- General administrative/marketing support.
- Enter numbers into the computer database.
- Prepare daily ship summaries for ships and AMG management.
- Support projects and additional responsibilities as needed.
- Must possess the desire to continually improve his/her knowledge and skills.
- Must, at all times, be clean, well-groomed, courteous, honest, and reliable.
- Must possess a positive attitude that is friendly, considerate, strong, and energetic.
- Must be willing to work as a strong team member, assisting in the maintenance of group morale.
- The dock team reports to the Dock/Marketing Manager and Program Manager.
Experience Required to Perform Job Requirements
- Prior tourism experience preferred.
- Must possess a strong work ethic.
- Must be punctual.
- Must be organized.
- Must have great, positive attitude.
- Must be comfortable speaking to large groups of people.
- Must be able to handle multiple, simultaneous groups of guests.
- Must possess or be willing and able to acquire Class B Commercial Driver License (CDL).
- Must obtain a valid Class B CDL with Passenger and Airbrakes endorsement.
- Pass FMCSA required pre-employment drug tests & screening.
- Be enrolled in an FMCSA required random drug testing program.
- Have and maintain a valid Medical Examiner’s Card.
- Complete AMG Skagway Driver training program.
If you are interested in pursuing this position, please visit our website to fill out an application. Email us an application, cover letter, and resume. We will formally begin the application review process at that point and contact you thereafter.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $12.00 per hour
Related Jobs (14)
- 2021 Summer – Canoe Naturalist + CDL Driver – Skagway, AK on January 13, 2021 Seasonal
- 2021 Summer – Raft Guide – Hike & Float Guide – Skagway, AK on January 13, 2021 Freelance
- 2021 – Skilled Mountain/ Expedition Guide – Haines, AK on January 13, 2021 Seasonal