This job has been Expired
Maine Appalachian Trail Club
Maine Trail Crew Camp Coordinator ($16.50/hour) will support the operation of two trail crews by: planning and preparing meals, purchasing food, maintaining the base camp facility, recruiting volunteers, assisting with transportation, arranging leisure time opportunities, and participating at job sites on a limited basis.
- one season working in food service;
- one season working in an outdoor recreation setting;
- valid driver’s license, clean driving record and personal vehicle;
- effective communications skills; ability to maintain accurate records and petty cash;
- and ability to work with people of all ages and backgrounds
Interns ($200/week) will help rebuild and restore heavily impacted sections of the Appalachian Trail. Interns will utilize Griphoist® rigging equipment and hand tools to build stone steps, waterbars and retaining walls. They will camp in remote, rugged and stunning beautiful parts of the Appalachian Trail. Qualifications: desire to live and work in the outdoors; interest in building a career in the trails and conservation; ability to teach skills and support volunteer workers; good health and physical fitness; valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Volunteer Positions (one to six weeks) are also available on the Maine Trail Crew. Email for more information