This job has been Expired
YMCA of the Rockies
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE: https://campchiefouray.org/about-camp/work-at-camp/
Position Summary: Responsible for preparing meals, cleaning the kitchen, dishwashing and all other duties assigned by the Kitchen Manager.
Essential Functions / Requirements for ALL CAMP STAFF:
- Be able to read, speak and/or write English.
- Be able to work inside and outside in all weather conditions.
- Be able to hike on rugged terrain.
- Have current certification in CPR/First Aid.
- Be a dedicated team worker.
- Participate in pre-camp staff training.
- Set a high personal example of Christian character and be dedicated to building Christian character with all campers and staff. Demonstrate caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith in your everyday interactions within the camp community.
- Be concerned with camper development and growth.
- Serve as a role model for proper table conduct and manners at all meals.
- Be responsible for the general appearance and cleanliness of camp. Report any needed repairs to the camp office.
- Be punctual. Always have a watch.
- Put the campers’ needs before your personal needs or issues.
- Never leave campers unsupervised.
- Exhibit maturity and set a quality example for campers and other staff.
- Help uphold and enforce camp policies and standards.
- Ability to solve problems with the needs of YMCA of the Rockies guests and members in
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies mission, policies, and programs.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
Essential Functions / Requirements for KITCHEN STAFF:
- Able to lift 50 lbs. to height of four feet.
- Able to work long shifts standing on concrete floors.
- Insure quality meals for the campers, and insure appropriate quantity of food for campers.
- Willing and eager to learn; this is a career oriented position.
- Understand principles of food service sanitation, as well as technical skills in food preparations.
- Assist the supervisors in preparing and cooking assigned meals.
- Maintain a positive relationship with all Food Service personnel.
- Assist with thorough cleaning of dining hall every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. This includes sweeping, mopping, washing walls (as necessary), scraping floorboards (as necessary), wiping down tables, etc.
- Be responsible for cleaning the dishes and pots and pans related to each meal in the dining hall.
- Assure that bus tubs are properly prepared prior to the start of each meal.
- Follow and maintain Health Department standards.
- Be responsible for being “on-duty” for one weekend during the summer.
- Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for campers and staff.
- Meet weekly with Kitchen Manager to ensure smooth operation of camp dining hall and kitchen.
- Assume Cabin Counselor responsibilities on an “as needed” basis.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Insure guest satisfaction.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record and comply with YMCA driving rule to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles. (Required for approved driver only)
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- All other duties as assigned.