Alaska Mountain Guides
Food Program Manager
Company: Chilkat Guides, Ltd., Alaska Mountain Guides
Location: Haines, Alaska.
Timeframe: Mid-April – September 30th.
Compensation: $3300-$3800/mo. DOE
Hours 40 – 50 hours/ week. Schedule will vary considerably on a weekly basis.
Overview: Located in the mountainous seaside town of Haines AK, Alaska Mountain Guides and Chilkat Guides have been running exceptional wilderness excursions for many decades. We are looking for an energetic self-starting individual to mange our food program.
Food Program Roles/Responsibilities
- Order food for Cruise ship day program – lunches, sandwiches, snacks, cookies.
- Oversee & manage preparation of lunches on a daily basis. Ranging from 50 – 500 lunches per day.
- Staff management – Schedule kitchen helpers for food preparation and delivery. Generally 2-4 employees.
- Hiring/firing of food program employees (only applicable to dedicated, non-guide employees).
- Ensure all staff has required DEC certifications (Food Worker’s/Manager’s Cards).
- Manage payroll associated with food program.
- Manage kitchen equipment.
- Maintain DEC compliance & overall kitchen / food area organization and cleanliness.
- Manage delivery and execution of the Beach Scene lunches.
- Support FAM (familiarization) trips with food preparation and presentation.
- Maintain a clean driving record & ability to drive on company insurance.
- Help with guide/employee barbeques.
- Coordinate with and report to Haines Cruise program manager.
- Coordinate with and support Haines office & Skagway office administrative teams.
- Support other operations and initiatives on an as needed basis.
- Support other programming as needed.
- Record hours for appropriate accounting allocation.