This job has been Expired
YMCA of the Rockies
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE: https://campchiefouray.org/about-camp/work-at-camp/
Responsible for running the Camp Chief Ouray PM shift from mid-May through early September. Help in training staff. Make sure that all Health Department rules are followed. Supervise and organize all stocking. Put together three meals a day for the Camp Chief Ouray staff and campers.
- Be able to read, speak and/or write English.
- Be able to work inside and outside in all weather conditions.
- Be able to hike on rugged terrain.
- Have current certification in CPR/First Aid.
- Be a dedicated team worker.
- Participate in pre-camp staff training.
- Set a high personal example of Christian character and be dedicated to building Christian character with all campers and staff. Demonstrate caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith in your everyday interactions within the camp community.
- Be concerned with camper development and growth.
- Be responsible for the general appearance and cleanliness of camp. Report any needed repairs to the camp office.
- Be punctual. Always have a watch.
- Put the campers’ needs before your personal needs or issues.
- Never leave campers unsupervised.
- Exhibit maturity and set a quality example for campers and other staff.
- Help uphold and enforce camp policies and standards.
- Ability to solve problems with the needs of YMCA of the Rockies guests and members in
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies mission, policies, and programs.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
Essential Functions / Requirements for ASSISTANT KITCHEN MANAGER:
- Minimum of six months working in the food service industry.
- ServSafe certified.
- Proven record of sound supervisory and organizational skills to plan and service up to 375 people.
- Motivate and help lead a staff of 8-10 seasonal food service employees. Assist with setting and evaluating performance standards.
- Coordinate and direct cooking/dishwashing procedures.
- Develop and maintain required standards in regards to OSHA, Department of Health, USDA, YMCA and ACA.
- Able to plan and prepare three meals a day at Camp Chief Ouray for 375 people.
- Plan meals and deliveries to ensure the best utilization of the facility and staff to meet the customer needs.
- Maintain a positive relationship with the Camp Executive Director, vendors, parents, campers and all other departments.
- Able to stand for eight hours on concrete floors.
- Able to lift 40 lbs. to three feet off the floor.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Ensure guest satisfaction.
- Develop good work habits in seasonal and year-round staff.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record and comply with YMCA driving rule to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles. (Required for approved driver only)
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- All other duties as assigned.