Southwest Conservation Corps
- Title: Veterans Fire Corps Crew Leader
- Locations: Durango, CO or Salida, CO
- Dates: March 9th – Mid November 2020
- Wages: $685/Week DOQ/DOE
Health Benefits Eligible
S-212 Chainsaw Certification
Colorado Fire Camp Training & Certifications: S-130 & S-190, Firefighter Training and Introduction to Wildland Fire Behavior. IS100b, Intro to Incident Command System. IS700, National Incident Management System.
First Aid & CPR
Uniforms, Personal Protective Equipment and Food while in field.
- The Southwest Conservation Corps’ Veterans Fire Corps (VFC) program provides training and on-the-job experience for post 9-11 era veterans interested in entering careers and gaining experience in natural resource management, fuels mitigation and wildland firefighting. This variation of our Field Crew program follows a similar schedule with crews working a “hitch” schedule of 8 days on and 6 days off. You are expected to camp, work, and live with your crew while on hitch. Housing is not provided on days off. Applicants must have military veteran status.
- A Veterans Fire Corps Crew Leader performs many roles and are the key to our program’s success. The position is multi-faceted and demanding, but with opportunity for enormous rewards. Successful candidates will demonstrate high standards, compassion, excellent judgment, effective communication skills, initiative and the desire to devote themselves to working alongside post-9/11 military veterans in an environmental setting. The Crew Leader position requires professionalism, patience, mentorship, technical aptitude, focus on efficiency, and a high level of comfort in the outdoors.
Visit our website to learn more about each position available and apply!
Related Jobs (15)
- Veteran’s Fire Corps Crew Leader Development Program on November 13, 2019 Seasonal
- Dolores River Restoration Partnership (DRRP) Strike Team Leader on November 13, 2019 Seasonal
- Adult Crew Leaders & Crew Leaders in Development Program (CLDP) on November 8, 2019 Seasonal