This job has been Expired
Intermountain Weed Control
Come work, live and play in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. Competitive pay and 3-day weekends allow you to work hard and play hard while building your resume.
We are fortunate to live, work and play in a community just outside one of the largest intact environments in the United States, the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem (GYE). Intermountain Weed Control is located in Teton Valley just West of Grand Teton National Park. We are dedicated to controlling noxious weeds through native plant restoration. We combine mechanical removal and organic suppressants with seeding to establish native grasses that outcompete the weed seedbank for available space, sunlight, nutrients and moisture. Our methods are environmentally safe; people, pet and livestock friendly; promote the establishment of healthy, native plants; deliver long-term results and meet USDA organic standards.
Job summary and responsibilities:
The Crew Leader’s primary role is to identify, map and remove noxious weeds using manual removal, hand seeding, and operating backpack sprayers with organic herbicide. Additional duties will include supervising weed control technicians, daily record keeping, clean-up and maintenance, and equipment repair. Crew Leaders will earn $18/hr. This job demands that you are physically active and is a great opportunity to gain leadership skills, crew leader experience and work outside for the summer. You will learn to identify noxious weeds in the Great Yellowstone Ecosystem and be part of the effort to preserve these habitats using alternatives to traditional herbicides. No experience is needed; we will train the right applicant. We are hiring 4 qualified applicants. Apply now, positions open until filled.
The workload for this position is 36 hr./wk., Monday – Thursday from approximately May 6th – October 31st, 7:00 am – 4:00 pm.
- Dependable, flexible, good attitude, and ready to learn
- Ability to follow set methods
- Ability to supervise Weed Control Technicians
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to interpret maps and navigate to properties
- A valid driver’s license w/ clean driving record
- Able to perform manual labor for 6 consecutive hours (i.e. lifting 50lbs, carrying a 30lb pack).
- Work long days in sometimes inclement weather.
- Minimum age 21
- Leadership skills
- Plant and weed identification
- Ability to obtain an Idaho Pesticide Applicator License
Teton Valley is a great jumping off point to get out and explore the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. Spend your 3-day weekends camping, hiking, fishing, mountain biking, rock climbing boating and more. Explore nearby Yellowstone and Grand Teton NP or visit Grand Targhee, our local ski resort, for some great cross-country or downhill mountain biking. Grand Targhee Resort hosts 2 summer music festivals that are not to be missed. Our local Teton River is great for fishing, lazy floats and wildlife watching. The town of Victor hosts Music on Main on Thursday nights in the summer where you can enjoy free music and great food. The town of Driggs has a weekly Farmer’s Market on Fridays.
- Intermountain Weed Control does not provide housing.
- Paychecks cut every two weeks.
- Please visit our website to learn more about what we do and why we have chosen organic methods: https://www.intermountainweedcontrol.com
To apply please visit our website www.intermountainweedcontrol.com click on the banner at the top of the page and download our application. Please email resume and application to [email protected] Apply now, positions open until filled.