Emerald Necklace Conservancy
Reporting to the Director of Development and External Relations, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator will be charged with increasing the public’s awareness, appreciation, use of and support for the Emerald Necklace and the work of the Conservancy through a mutually reinforcing program of social media, special events, communications and media relations. Currently, staff primarily work remotely. In the future, staff will resume operations from Conservancy offices at 350 The Jamaicaway.
Social Media & Online Communications
- Coordinate social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn); plan, create, curate and engage in daily content and ensure consistent branding and Grow usership and engagement across platforms.
- Working with senior staff and a communications consultant, develop strategies and campaigns to increase audiences and engagement on Conservancy social media.
- Track and use social media analytics to help inform marketing
- Serve as social media advisor/coach to staff and
- Integrate new media ideas and trends into traditional
- Research, maintain, promote and grow the Conservancy’s Mobile Tour Guide.
- Create, curate and update day-to-day content for the Conservancy
- Participate in plans for a graphic and organizational refresh of the Conservancy website.
- Develop meaningful digital dialog and relationships with supporters and
Marketing & Communications
- Work with staff and Board to help develop, plan and execute a comprehensive multi-channel marketing and communications strategy annually that targets current and potential supporters.
- Prepare a monthly eNewsletter and discrete email fundraising and event campaigns.
- Design compelling Conservancy collateral materials including brochures, program literature, promotional materials and signs. Contract and supervise outside vendors as
- Manage creation of the Conservancy’s Annual Report, including schedule, writing, design and printing. Contract and supervise with outside vendors as needed.
- Create and distribute promotional materials, including event invitations, event flyers, posters, ads and multimedia presentations.
- Prepare and update internal monthly dashboard on year-to-date progress for Conservancy goals.
- Assist in the planning, execution and promotion of live and virtual Conservancy events including the Annual Meeting, Summer on the Emerald Necklace, Party in the Park, and other events.
Media & Public Relations
- Build and maintain relationships with reporters and social media influencers and respond to media inquiries, working with communications consultant to pitch stories and articles to local reporters and publications.
- Draft, edit, maintain and disseminate media materials, including press releases, media advisories and media
- Help identify and leverage new media
- Maintain monthly media coverage files, up-to-date media lists and image
- Compile media packets for monthly board meetings
- Work with the Director of Development and External Relations and the Visitor Center Assistant to design, implement and maintain a welcoming, inclusive and informative visitor experience.
- Plan, coordinate, schedule and promote a yearly slate of public and private tours through the Conservancy’s Docent Program. Review and adjust curriculum and tour offerings as needed.
- Implement strategies and campaigns to increase public awareness and visitation of the Shattuck Visitor Center.
The successful Marketing and Communications Coordinator will demonstrate an ability to think creatively using excellent judgment in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. The incumbent will be eager to work in a mission-focused non-profit organization and to seek maximum impact from limited resources, and will have the following:
- Bachelor’s in marketing/communications or related field and/or several years of directly related experience.
- Strong understanding of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn), digital marketing, and web analytics.
- Strong writing skills with an attention to detail and to brand consistency.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of constituents in a professional and welcoming manner.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and prioritize projects.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently.
- Graphic design skills; familiarity with Adobe Creative suite preferred.
- Knowledge of special events and media relations preferred.
- Experience working with designers, printers and other communications vendors preferred.
- This is a full-time position beginning at the successful candidate’s earliest availability.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours required, with prior notice.
- Salary range: $39,000-$45,000 depending on experience.
- Competitive benefits.
Please send a cover letter and resume by September 10 to: [email protected]. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Emerald Necklace Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer and
seeks to recruit a diverse staff that reflects the communities served by the Emerald Necklace.