Walker Basin Conservancy
BACKGROUND: Established in 2014, the WalkerBasin Conservancy (WBC) is leading the effort to restore and maintain WalkerLake while protecting agricultural, environmental and recreational interests inthe Walker Basin (· Abilityto successfully coordinate and direct a large field program and to identifypriorities;
· Abilityto develop and manage staff effectively and efficiently, laying out scheduleswell in advance and adapting as necessary;
· Abilityto help grow existing staff into increasing responsibilities;
· Coordinateregularly with other Directors and staff to ensure open lines of communicationare being promoted; and
· Directlysupervise Land Manager and Field Manager for successful implementation ofstewardship plans and field activities;
· Ensurewater use and land activities are implemented in the most effective andefficient manner; and
· Developand maintain an annual budget for all field activities;
· EnsureManagers are following procurement and expense protocols.
· · · Aminimum of 7 years in a conservation management position with progressivelyincreasing responsibility; · · Highlyindependent, proactive and entrepreneurial with experience developing andimplementing large conservation projects;· Experiencewith agriculture (farming/ ranching operations) and irrigation water conveyancesystems: drip, sprinkler, flood, pumps (small and large irrigation);· Experienceworking with conservation/environmental land management organizations andagencies at a management level; · · Previous experience inconservation, agricultureknowledge;
- Demonstrated organization, tracking and management experience required;
- Excellent communication skills, ability to clearly and concisely give direction;
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access; and
- Team player with a strong work ethic and is always up for a new challenge.
Entry-level salary begins at $68k, finalcompensation weighed heavily by experience and qualifications.
Excellent employee benefits package whichincludes:
- Employer paid health, dental, vision and life insurance plans for employee
- Retirement 403(b) plan includes a 6% automatic company contribution
- 120 hours of annual paid vacation, increasing to 160 hours after first year of employment
- 16 hours of annual personal leave
- Company paid holiday week between Christmas and New Years
- 60 hours of annual sick leave
- 11 paid holidays
- Health and wellness subsidy
- Employer paid professional development
Position will remain open until filled. Onlytop candidates will be contacted.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Subject Line: LandConservation Director
Please call (775)463-9887 x116 with questions.
WalkerBasin Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer.
Related Jobs (7)
- Anti-Poaching Campaign Coordinator (Public Affairs Specialist 2) on September 30, 2019 Year Round