This job has been Expired
POWER Engineers Inc. is seeking an Environmental Specialist to work out of the Austin South, or Houston, Texas office in support of our Environmental Practice.
Roles and responsibilities
The candidate must have the ability to lead field teams, perform water of the U.S. studies and permitting, as well as the ability to conduct/lead other biological field surveys (e.g. threatened and endangered species assessments). The person in this position needs to be detail-oriented, have demonstrated ability to work independently, effective communication, and technical writing skills. The successful candidate may also be responsible for managing projects, and proposal and scope of work development, as commensurate with experience.
As an Environmental Specialist, you will support and help lead project efforts focused on oil and gas pipelines, transmission lines, renewable energy, environmental surveys, NEPA analyses, and permitting services. The candidate should have an established and successful work history of executing project safety protocols, providing quality of services and work product, timely delivery of services and deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science, or other related field
- Three (3) to six(6) years’ prior consulting work, ideally with linear corridor projects and/or energy infrastructure related projects e.g., pipelines, electric transmission, power generation facilities, terminals, etc.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with Clean Water Act (CWA) and Endangered Species Act (ESA) regulations, and associated agency permitting.
- Demonstrated technical competence and project experience in water of the U.S. delineations and natural resource assessments
- Experience leading field crews and scheduling work
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality and professionalism
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- USFWS permit holder for federally-listed species
- Certification or licensure in field of expertise. CWB, PWS, or other professional designation preferred
- Willing and able to travel throughout the region with potential travel throughout the U.S.
At POWER you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work you will find the support, coaching and training it takes to advance your professional career. We encourage new ideas and fresh approaches and most importantly, we strive to be our client’s first choice. These traits—and deep technical skill—account for our success.
As an employee-owned company, we strive to make POWER an appealing place to work, where we perform projects that we find challenging and in which we excel. We provide competitive compensation, a full benefit package, professional development and an appealing work environment. POWER is a unique and fun engineering firm, which may be contradictory to some, but it works well for us, and we operate with the philosophy of “have fun, do good work, and make money.”