This job has been Expired
Center for Conservation Peacebuilding
The Center for Conservation Peacebuilding (CPeace)
Application Deadline: 27 July 2018
Apprenticeship Duration: approximately 18 months
Anticipated Start Date: Early 2019
The overall hiring process is anticipated to take 6 months. The first phase of recruitment and selection will begin in June 2018 and will conclude with applications due 27 July 2018. The further assessment and selection phase (of final candidates) will take place in October and November 2018. Final candidates will go through a 4-5 day experiential immersion in Washington D.C. toward the end of 2018. An apprentice will be selected after the immersion. The apprenticeship will begin in early 2019.
While we anticipate this apprenticeship will last for approximately 18 months, for perspective, CPeace’s Executive Director undertook a 4-year apprenticeship when developing CCT (after working in the field for 10 years). Accordingly, CPeace believes this process will necessitate a long-term commitment from both the apprentice and CPeace; CPeace will invest heavily in the apprentice, with the expectation that s/he will be with the organization long-term (a minimum of 5 years).
Applicants are asked to submit an initial application package consisting of:
· R· Cover letter explaining the applicant’s interest in the apprenticeship, suitability for the position, and how the apprenticeship fits within his/her career plans
· Video – Applicants are asked to upload a video of themselves responding to this prompt: Tell us a story illustrating what makes you a good candidate for the apprenticeship and/or exemplifying your qualities that are relevant to work as a Third Party Neutral. Videos must be 5 minutes or less and uploaded to; the video can be emailed to via this service.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications may be submitted to CPeace’s Administrative Manager at. After the second applicant assessment phase, final candidates should expect to undergo a 4-5 day immersion with the Executive Director in Washington D.C. toward the end of 2018. (Expenses will be covered during the immersion for finalists.)
The apprentice is a paid, full-time employee with a salary and benefits commensurate with experience and relative to the significant responsibility of the position. Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, the apprentice will be promoted to a permanent position, at which time s/he will begin leading capacity-building workshops and eventually conflict interventions. This employee then will be eligible for bonuses at different anniversary milestones, as well as other organizational benefits.
For more information on CPeace’s services, mission, or Conservation Conflict Transformation, please visit . If you have additional questions regarding the CPeace apprenticeship, please email [email protected]
Related Jobs (13)
- Veteran’s Fire Corps Crew Leader Development Program on November 13, 2019 Seasonal
- Dolores River Restoration Partnership (DRRP) Strike Team Leader on November 13, 2019 Seasonal
- Adult Crew Leaders & Crew Leaders in Development Program (CLDP) on November 8, 2019 Seasonal