As a small nonprofit NSEA will partner with WSC to recruit 2 Stewardship AmeriCorps
members to expand capacity in our environmental education, stewardship, and outreach
programs. Members will assist NSEA staff to address one of the largest issues in our
community by educating the local citizenry on the challenges native fish are facing in our
watersheds. The Environmental Stewardship Coordinator position will plan, organize, and
implement community opportunities for salmon habitat restoration projects through our
Stream Stewards Program helping to recruit, train, report, and increase our volunteer
capacity. Additionally, the position will implement the Salmon Discovery Program, hosting
salmon sighting events, distributing educational materials, and planning community
campaigns to increase awareness and appreciation for salmon.
Facilitate Stream Stewards Programming, Estimated 60% of time
• Plan, promote, and facilitate Stream Stewards Programming, including Community
and Private Work Parties and Stewardship Appreciation Program.
• Recruit, train, and supervise FLOW Interns and community volunteers.
• Assist in outreach efforts, including producing outreach materials, tabling at events,
and creating content for social media, Upstream video series, and NSEA website.
• Assist in collection and maintenance of community program data, including photos,
restoration data, and volunteer information and interviews.
Facilitate Salmon Discovery Programming, Estimated 10% of time
• Plan, promote, and facilitate Salmon Discovery Programming, including Salmon
• Recruit, train, and supervise community volunteers.
• Assist in outreach efforts, including producing outreach materials and creating
content for social media and NSEA website.
• Assist in collection and maintenance of program data, including photos, participation
data, and volunteer information and interviews.
Organization and Program Support, Estimated 15% of time
• Provide support to other AmeriCorps team members, cross training in their respective
programs, including assisting weekly with Students for Salmon Programming.
• Assist in maintenance and organization of program supplies, files, and vehicles.
Professional Development and Career Training, Estimated 15% of time
• Attend professional development workshops and opportunities to gain skills in a
variety of chosen topics.
NSEA’s AmeriCorps positions are competitive, and as an entry-level position, hiring personnel
will be looking for the reasons why applicants want to serve in this role and how this position
would benefit them as a stepping-stone towards their future career. At a minimum,
• 18 years or older
• Passionate for NSEA's mission, community engagement and education, stewardship,
environmental science and education, and public speaking
Environmental Stewardship Coordinator
• Comfortable working for long periods in both an office setting (60%) and outside in all
• Able to work independently and on a team.
• Must meet AmeriCorps Individual Placement Program requirements:
o Must be at least 17 years old at the time you start serving.
o Must be a U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident alien.
o Cannot be (or required to be) listed on the National Sex Offender Registry or
have been convicted of murder.
o Must have a high school diploma or GED – or be on schedule to complete your
education for either of them during your service term (note that some
positions re-quire a college degree). Tutoring positions require a high school
diploma or GED at the time of enrollment.
o High school diploma or GED.
We have worked and lived in some of the best places on earth. The experiences that come with seasonal and full time work in adventurous settings are life changing to say the least. We built this job board to share those opportunities with passionate job seekers while connecting employers to the best possible candidates.More about us
Have a question about a job or a place? Need a little extra encouragement? Know of a great place that we haven’t discovered yet? Send us an email, tag us with #AdventureJobBoard on Social, or release the courier pigeons. Contact us. We can’t wait to hear from you!Contact us now
Please sign up here to receive a newsletter listing all our latest jobs, offers and updates.
© 2016 - 2022 Adventure Job Bord - All rights reserved.