To assist in the mission of Pacific Quest to provide individualized, sustainable, personal development within a safe, structured, experiential and natural environment in a culture of unconditional support and personal responsibility. The primary purpose of this position is student safety and assisting in daily operational needs. In addition, this is a flexible/dynamic position providing student transportation, housekeeping, administrative and overnight guide support. This position necessitates working on individual projects, tasks or working as a team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility is to transport clients as assigned, and to otherwise report to daily assigned site for operational support.
- Safely transport clients upon arrival / departure / medical appointments and between residences and farm sites as assigned
- All team members support the Program as a member of the Crisis Response Team. This may include:
- Responding immediately to any out of control behaviors in the field, responding to run risk or runner situations, and physically redirecting/intervening with students as needed
- Spending full days at residences or at the farm, learning, training, and building rapport with staff and students
- Participating in weekly in-service meetings and trainings (Thursdays) whenever possible
- Must have flexibility and be available to report to work during various work shifts
- Facilitate student outfitting process and perform student body checks
- Specially assigned systems of management and development, which may include trash, recycling, maintenance, housekeeping, rations, food preparation, inventory, and any other logistic assignments as needed
- Fulfills administrative duties as assigned (i.e. totes, paper shredding, oracles, etc.)
- Immediately notify supervisor in the event of a crisis
- Accurate documentation of all incidents involving students and guides
- Routinely scheduled security checks throughout facilities
- Maintain consistent communication with Supervisors regarding Student Activities
- Drive company vehicles in emergency situations / evacuations, and for transports
- Must have flexibility and be available to report to work during various work shifts, and at alternate worksites
- Facilitate Student Outfitting process and perform Student Body checks as assigned
- Provide de-escalation techniques, regulating techniques and enforce boundaries with students
- Must attend monthly staff meetings and mandatory trainings
- Facilitate Red Alerts when / if the need arises, and participate in alert and evac drills
- Additional program and logistics duties as assigned
- Fill in as needed for logistical and field needs, which could include working in other capacities as needed, and assigned
- Participate in the review process at the 90-day, 6-month, and 1-year marks
- Mandated overtime is required if relief staff does not show up for shift.
- Additional Emergency Response duties related to extreme weather, extreme medical situations, etc.
- Execution of medication and Wellness plans as mandated by Medical Director
- Must be 21 years or older
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Maintain a current NVCI (Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training) certification provided by Pacific Quest
- Current CPR (from a classroom training) and First aid certification
- Ability to drive manual vehicles is desired
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds
- Requires ability to be a team player, to form mutually respectful relationship with staff and students and to grow professionally in meeting the challenges of this position
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of program and student information
- Ability to monitor students while on transport or on site
- Able to work with a team as well as the ability to work independently
- Must be dependable and reliable in order to meet the demands of this position
- Must pass a thorough background check and drug screen
- Annual physical and TB clearance required
- Hours vary with census and Company needs.
- 4 / 10-12 hour days or 5 / 8-10 hour day schedules available.
- Must be flexible and willing to rearrange hours according to operational needs. Position may require staying past scheduled times for arrivals / departures / red alerts.
- Three transports can be refused by employee due to flex in schedule; after that employee and manager will sit down to discuss viability of position moving forward.
With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, frequent sitting, standing and walking, may be required for long periods of time and may involve climbing stairs, walking up inclines and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and or moving up to 50 pounds. Pacific Quest is a non-smoking facility.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.