This job has been Expired
YMCA of the Rockies
Please apply online: https://ymcarockies.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/225
Position Summary: To support the office of the Chaplain by coordinating and facilitating adventure and outdoor faith-based experiences as well as providing leadership for other religious and spiritual life activities at Snow Mountain Ranch
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- A minimum of two years’ higher education or equivalent experience in ministry, recreation, education or outdoor leadership (Bachelor’s Degree preferred).
- Be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification is required. (Wilderness First Aid or Wilderness First Responder certification preferred).
- A minimum of one season of experience facilitating adventure and/or outdoor based programs.
- Ability to develop and lead spirituality focused adventure and outdoor programming for Snow Mountain Ranch Staff, Volunteers and Guests of all ages.
- Ability to work and move in a variety of environments, including outdoors in cold and snowy weather and possibly over rough terrain. Excellent physical condition is required.
- Provide leadership for TREK Gap Year program through coordinating weekly learning experiences (Fall, Winter, Spring).
- Serve as leader in the Snow Mountain Ranch Dogsled Program.
- Maintain Snow Mountain Ranch gear, equipment and facilities.
- Operate computer with Microsoft.
- Demonstrate ability to read, write and speak English.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
- Possess excellent customer service skills: friendly, personable, helpful, patient and professional.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $250/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Free Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort – limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)