- Est. Since1920
- Business TypePrivate Limited
About Red Arrow Camp
Overview of Red Arrow Camp and Job Description
Red Arrow Camp offers a traditional, single-session summer camp experience for boys ages 7 to 16. Located on the shores of Trout Lake in the beautiful Northwoods of Wisconsin, Red Arrow’s program of challenge and adventure provides boys an unmatched opportunity to develop confidence and learn new skills while having the summer of their lives.
The Red Arrow experience is truly like no other. Built on traditions started more than 90 years ago, Red Arrow is an escape from the craziness and stress in the modern-day lives of our boys. Televisions are replaced with pine trees, cabins, sports fields, and Trout Lake. Video games give way to real live adventures in the wilderness of the Northwoods.
Cabin Counselor/Instructor Job Description
Position Purpose: The Cabin Counselor/Instructor is responsible for guiding, supervising, instructing, coaching, organizing, campers in the cabin, in activities, on trips, and throughout camp
NOTE: Anticipated instructional needs for Summer 2019 are: La Crosse, Riflery, Tennis, Mtn. Biking, Fishing, Water Skiing, Soccer, Woodworking, Nature, Track, Basketball, and Swimming.
Minimum Age Required: 19
Employment Dates are: June 9th- August 8th (some staff may be required to come two days prior for specific training needs in certain areas)
Starting Salary: $3,200-3,500 (depending on age/year in school)
- Primary responsibilities are: Live in a cabin with campers and a co-counselor, sharing time with and creating a positive camper group.
- Ensure that campers are properly supervised at all times and that all established camp policies are observed.
- Supervise daily living, including waking boys up and putting them to bed at night,overseeing campers’ personal hygiene, counseling homesick campers, and leading off site overnight backpacking and canoeing camping trips.
- Communicate effectively with co-counselors, heads of programs, and Directors including working together to provide consistent, positive discipline.
- Actively work to help campers develop friendships, demonstrate respect for others, and grow in leadership and responsibility.
- Complete all assigned reports, record keeping, and parent communications as assigned.
- Participate in physical preparations of pre and post camp.
- Maintain high standards of health and safety throughout camp for campers and staff. You
- Provide for the physical, psychological, and emotional care of each camper within your supervision, including recognition of personal health needs.
- Assist campers with personal, interpersonal, and health issues, and discuss with Camp Nurse or Director when appropriate.
- Ensure that campers follow all established safety procedures for activitiesthroughout camp, including providing a safety orientation, safety checking equipment, and ensuring the proper use of equipment.
- Develop and deliver instruction and programming that is fun, engaging, developmental, and appropriate for the age and ability of campers. You will:
- Plan and teach progressive activities/classes designed to accommodate different ages,abilities, and interests, including rainy day activities.
- Follow all established objectives, progressions, procedures and safety regulations.
- Continuously evaluate the success of the program and adjust activities accordingly.
- Model good sportsmanship, cooperation, spirit, and effort.
- Participate in the maintenance, inventory, and care of equipment and supplies used in camp activities.
- Plan, organize and/or supervise special cabin, unit or camp activities and trips as delegated by the Director/Program Head.
Interested? Apply now at: https://redarrowcamp.campmanagement.com/apply
Contact Director Eric Roche at 920-728-2101 or email at [email protected] with any questions.
NOTE: Application review and hiring decisions will be made beginning in January 2019.